Fit birds in uniform

She’s the jump master and jumps at the end of the stick. The soldier handling the static lines is the safety. The US differs from the British Army in that what your refer to as the dispatcher is Army instead of Air Force.
It's an interestingly different dynamic, and I applaud the American approach.

The RAF imperative is to ensure the safety of passengers, airframe and crew, the Army imperative to get all my troops outta the dam' plane and get on with the job (and fvck you crab air, we're outta here :-D )

HE117

LE
Equivalent to the ATA?
Started by Jackie Cochrane a wealthy socialite and pilot who bent Elenore Roosveldt's ear.. She was supported by Hap Arnold who got the whole thing off the ground. They came to UK but Cochrane apparantly ruffled feathers with the ATA.

They had the Roal Dahl "Fifinella" character as a mascot..

1620509869408.png

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
For the hard-of-thinking who want to derail the thread with para hero-worship sh**e, this is what a fit bird in a uniform looks like:

View attachment 571711

Here's another:
I still get the willies when I see an unbuckled chin strap. Reminds me of the time at Barry Budden when one of the training team materialised out of the mist... "Oi! You! Yes YOU! Do you think you are in the ******* US Marine Corps? Buckle that ******* chin strap and give me 50!"

Nomad1382

War Hero
As soon as the first girl jumped it looked like she was dragged back and her static line was held back.
After the stick jumped she was directed further into the aircraft.

edit
At about 5.40
What you see is the Jump Master tapping out the first jumper. She's taking her cue from the loadie who you see counting down, green on, she reaches forward and taps the one in the one in the door. The 2 Jump Masters, one for each side, are last out. It was an all female jump for Women's Month and the Air Force provided all female crews for the aircraft as well.

What you see is the Jump Master tapping out the first jumper. She's taking her cue from the loadie who you see counting down, green on, she reaches forward and taps the one in the one in the door. The 2 Jump Masters, one for each side, are last out. It was an all female jump for Women's Month and the Air Force provided all female crews for the aircraft as well.
I bet there was some damp gussets that day.

I still get the willies when I see an unbuckled chin strap. Reminds me of the time at Barry Budden when one of the training team materialised out of the mist... "Oi! You! Yes YOU! Do you think you are in the ******* US Marine Corps? Buckle that ******* chin strap and give me 50!"

Do you know what, that is EXACTLY what I think when I see a fit as f*** Nordic goddess in uniform.

Latest Threads