Fit birds in uniform

I had a female line manager who used to make a point of pulling that pose when she was doing end-of-day security checks with me: she'd unlock and open the safe and then I would go through the HO-equivalent of the F102 with her.

Late forties, married with two teenage boys, she just wanted a cheap thrill.
Did you give it to her? Were you tempted? ;)

NSP

LE
139673609_4278179812196686_4786503880535510181_o.jpg
Blimey!! That rotor head is one complex bit of kit from the old push-rod/swashplate type. I presume that it's all-hydraulic? So many parts to go wrong - if just one hose comes off/gets shot off one of those actuators then...

Yokel

LE
Did you give it to her? Were you tempted? ;)

No it simply inspired him to start a new and exciting magazine - Readers' Bosses.

Blimey!! That rotor head is one complex bit of kit from the old push-rod/swashplate type. I presume that it's all-hydraulic? So many parts to go wrong - if just one hose comes off/gets shot off one of those actuators then...

I think the fasteners are designed to prevent accidental failure, and the maintenance checks and pre flight checks provide defence in depth. They tend to be made of fairly touch materials.

As it is a naval helicopter I suspect much of the complexity is due to making the rotors fold or spread on deck using aircraft power.

NSP

LE
No it simply inspired him to start a new and exciting magazine - Readers' Bosses.

I think the fasteners are designed to prevent accidental failure, and the maintenance checks and pre flight checks provide defence in depth. They tend to be made of fairly touch materials.

As it is a naval helicopter I suspect much of the complexity is due to making the rotors fold or spread on deck using aircraft power.
I get the impression that those hoses drive rams intended to alter the blade AoA and so if one fails, or a computer down in the fuselage falls over you're falling out of the sky...

I get the impression that those hoses drive rams intended to alter the blade AoA and so if one fails, or a computer down in the fuselage falls over you're falling out of the sky...
The hoses are for the blade fold mechanism, and possibly lubrication for the various hinges/pivots.
The blade pitch is controlled by servos much lower down, through the swashplate and pitch links.

1611475218471.png

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Back to
f.jpg

It's so dodgy the Yanks have been doing it since the 60s on the CH-53.

Standard design on the Lynx from day one (except the blade folding).

Yokel

LE
The hoses are for the blade fold mechanism, and possibly lubrication for the various hinges/pivots.
The blade pitch is controlled by servos much lower down, through the swashplate and pitch links.

View attachment 542370

What? No picture of a nice female engineering or mathematics student diligently working un the iibrary, ideally wearing glasses, studying using a textbook on helicopter design?

Maybe a a picture such as:

aerospace-engineering-management.jpg

Or perhaps a qualified one - in uniform?

images

Or this girl - not directly involved with rotary wing stuff, but V/STOL ones and she has a uniform:

images

Last edited:
She's probably pushing 50 years old now and drawing her pension!
Well, the car is a 1980 & I presume it’s no more than 2 years old. That makes it, give or take, 40 years ago. I’m guessing she’s mid 20s. She’ll be...

>uses fingers...takes socks off...picks out toe jam & carries on counting...errrm...<

37!...no, wait. 65/66.
I probably still would if she’d kept her old uniform & those were stockings.

Tip - When using Google to find out when a registration was issued remember to look at whether it was a suffix or prefix, then you won't look like a pillock!

I think he has more important things then tapping on phone or keyboard looking up registration. Me thinks his hands are preoccupied :p :D

Cheers

Latest Threads