Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fit birds in uniform

Alamo

LE
1 Are they fit birds in uniform ?

2 Are you sleep deprived
or
A grumpy old man devoid of any sense of enjoyment

If you're incapable of answering the above, could you start discussing weapons or the jets in the background? That'd be awesome
All of the above, however ...

For me the enjoyment of the thread is in the knowledge that real, genuine fit birds in uniform exist, that I have met a few and that others are out there. If I just wanted to look at photos of models I’d do it, in which case flying suits and second rate knock-off No2 dress wouldn’t be part of the equation. The hundreds of ‘IDF’ lassies are a particular bore.
Think of it, if you will, as a military version of Readers’ Wives!

All of the above, however ...

For me the enjoyment of the thread is in the knowledge that real, genuine fit birds in uniform exist, that I have met a few and that others are out there. If I just wanted to look at photos of models I’d do it, in which case flying suits and second rate knock-off No2 dress wouldn’t be part of the equation. The hundreds of ‘IDF’ lassies are a particular bore.
Think of it, if you will, as a military version of Readers’ Wives!
Feel free to start posting your own pics if you feel that strongly.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Here's a whiff of . . . Mmmmmmm.

fbiu39.jpg

Tool

LE
It was designed to blow out dust when in use. AK stylee bolt and carrier, loose fitting working parts with plenty of space to allow movement and vent gases to dislodge any bits that may have got in there.

That was apparently one of the selling points of the design we were told about when they were issued to replace the R1/FAL. We never had any problems with the R1 but then we were taught to keep them clean and in good condition on pain of extreme fitness.
One of the issues with the M-15/AR16 family - roller bearings and very tight tolerances means a need to keep cleaner than is sometimes possible.
If I remember correctly, a test was done with the AK47 in the mid '70's whereby an AK was taken to extremes (covered in mud and left for a month, etc) and attempts made to shoot it as-was. Not successfully, but getting it to a shootable condition was a case of making sure the outside of the working parts were clean-ish, something that could be done without dismantling the weapon and in a few seconds.

Off-topic - I still "owe" 360 extras given to me during Basic training for having a crocodile hiding in the working parts of my R1/FAL.

syrup

LE
Anglo-Persian actress Catherine Bell aka 'Major Mackenzie' of the series 'JAG' (Judge Advocate General)

NCIS: Los Angeles: Catherine Bell to Reprise JAG Role - TV Fanatic

NCIS: Los Angeles: Catherine Bell Suits Back Up as JAG's Mac — Get Details's Mac — Get Details
Should you (according to a mate) care to type her name into certain rodent based websites you'll get to see someone purporting to be her entertaining herself armed only with a mirror and a phone. Luckily she saved them to one of those easily hacked clouds.

One of the issues with the M-15/AR16 family - roller bearings and very tight tolerances means a need to keep cleaner than is sometimes possible.
If I remember correctly, a test was done with the AK47 in the mid '70's whereby an AK was taken to extremes (covered in mud and left for a month, etc) and attempts made to shoot it as-was. Not successfully, but getting it to a shootable condition was a case of making sure the outside of the working parts were clean-ish, something that could be done without dismantling the weapon and in a few seconds.

Off-topic - I still "owe" 360 extras given to me during Basic training for having a crocodile hiding in the working parts of my R1/FAL.
Roller bearings?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Roller bearings? Must be a different AR-15/M4/M-16 family Tool is talking about as I never saw any roller bearings in the gats I handled during my career.

There are videos of a sailor being ingested into the intake of an A-6 on YouTube.

I also recall a German ground handler being killed after being ingested into an F/A-18 at (iirc) Frankfurt.

There was a guy on Nimrods (St Morgan) that wasn’t so lucky during my time in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend said have you got any more of these or a link to them?
Apparently it’s for a coffee table book he’s writing?
There's a photo of that lot and a glass coffee table. Now you've REALLY got my interest.

Latest Threads