Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fit birds in uniform

Good you say. Bloody excellent in my book! Eight out of the nine have smiles, big grins showing. The last one may actually be that. The last one to be seen to.
You're saying his truncheon is worn down to a stub?

So what? You've heard of that old saying, "Has the pussycat got your tongue?" Sorted until the pencil is ready again. C'mon. What happened to that feelthy imagination of yours? ;)
There's nothing wrong with my imagination. Well, not that way at least. I'm just jealous. Jealous as fuck I tells ya!

Can anyone ID the medal ribbon on this copper please?

View attachment 524796
Fecker. You are seriously wondering about plod walting it with unearned medals when there is a smorgasbord of tasty totty there before you? Surrender your man club card, sirrah!

Man Show 2 (2).jpg

Fecker. You are seriously wondering about plod walting it with unearned medals when there is a smorgasbord of tasty totty there before you? Surrender your man club card, sirrah!

View attachment 524900
Only once you surrender your ‘joke gone over your head’ card!

OK I'm late to the conversation. But why a chamber flag on a professional soldier's weapon and in this picture a loaded weapon? It's all about basic Skill at Arms drills, unless you have the attention span of a gnat and are more interested in taking selfies.
That said I was looking out for morale improving IDF selfies on this thread.
The thing that puzzles me about its efficacy, is that by holding the working parts very slightly open, it must allow in more dust.

The thing that puzzles me about its efficacy, is that by holding the working parts very slightly open, it must allow in more dust.

These are dusty climes and one's gat does get dusty. For that a shaving brush or 1" paint brush is carried. The Galil (PBUH) never minded, however much dust there was.

Last edited:
The Galil (PBUH) never minded however much dust there was.
Excuse my ignorance, long distant memory stirred. Remember a news article where a weapon was immersed into an oil drum full of water, rolled in the sand, cocked and fired. It also had a bottle opener to stop troops buggering up magazines, preventing stoppages. Was this the Galil (PBUH)?

Excuse my ignorance, long distant memory stirred. Remember a news article where a weapon was immersed into an oil drum full of water, rolled in the sand, cocked and fired. It also had a bottle opener to stop troops buggering up magazines, preventing stoppages. Was this the Galil (PBUH)?

I had a Galil for 32 months in the field and I only remember one stoppage the entire time (double feed). Most firing was done in field conditions (rather than on the range).
The hooks for holding the folded bipod in place were designed so they could be used as bottle (crown cork) openers. The Galil also had a wire cutter (not a terribly effective one) integrated into the bipod hinge. @Lardbeast who also used the Galil mentioned that said hinge could also be used as a bottle opener.

These are dusty climes and one's gat does get dusty. For that a shaving brush or 1" paint brush is carried. The Galil (PBUH) never minded, however much dust there was.

It was designed to blow out dust when in use. AK stylee bolt and carrier, loose fitting working parts with plenty of space to allow movement and vent gases to dislodge any bits that may have got in there.

That was apparently one of the selling points of the design we were told about when they were issued to replace the R1/FAL. We never had any problems with the R1 but then we were taught to keep them clean and in good condition on pain of extreme fitness.

They’re no more fighter pilots than me. Perhaps we should rename the thread Models in a Uniform.

1 Are they fit birds in uniform ?

2 Are you sleep deprived
or
A grumpy old man devoid of any sense of enjoyment

If you're incapable of answering the above, could you start discussing weapons or the jets in the background? That'd be awesome