Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fit birds in uniform

The IDF worries about these things in those parts: Leishmaniasis from sand fly bites, dehydration, foot fungus due to wearing boots in the heat and communal showers. I never heard talk of the risks you mention.
Why would you wear boots in the communal showers?

Why would you wear boots in the communal showers?

IDF warrior girls are apt to get hormone rushes in the showers, overwhelm and have their way with the first showering squaddie they see. Anyone who wants to have a chance of saving himself by legging it is gonna need his boots on. You wouldn't believe what I went through until I learnt that.

Last edited:
IDF warrior girls are apt to get hormone rushes in the showers, overwhelm and have their way with the first showering squaddie they see. Anyone who wants to have a chance of saving himself by legging it is gonna need his boots on. You wouldn't believe what I went through until I learnt to do that.
Photos Videos or it didn't happen.

IDF warrior girls are apt to get hormone rushes in the showers, overwhelm and have their way with the first showering squaddie they see. Anyone who wants to have a chance of saving himself by legging it is gonna need his boots on. You wouldn't believe what I went through until I learnt to do that.
I remember that film from the 60s with the voice over by William Franklyn about the women in the IDF, there was a bit of mutual soaping up by the girls in the showers.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Does the IDF have the equivalent of a War Pension for service personnel who have suffered injuries as a result of their service? If so you're quids in.
I do feel so sorry for you, sacrifices made for Israel etc.

Does the IDF have the equivalent of a War Pension for service personnel who have suffered injuries as a result of their service? If so you're quids in.
I do feel so sorry for you, sacrifices made for Israel etc.

I went before the disabilities board but when I told them what happened they said the army doesn't have to pay me - I have to pay it!

The paternity cases should be interesting.
1606599566935.png

Although not this big a one. Obviously.

I recall when I was on a Kibbutz in the winter of '74/'75 there were nodders available for those with a need for them. Someone tried one out under a tap to see how good they were. Leaked like a sieve.

View attachment 524594

Although not this big a one. Obviously.

I recall when I was on a Kibbutz in the winter of '74/'75 there were nodders available for those with a need for them. Someone tried one out under a tap to see how good they were. Leaked like a sieve.
'74 and '75 you say? They would have been captured ones from the Egyptian army in '67. Did they also have free packets of cigarettes? Red colour - we called them red devils. Some had little holes in the papers made by worms.

'74 and '75 you say? They would have been captured ones from the Egyptian army in '67. Did they also have free packets of cigarettes? Red colour - we called them red devils. Some had little holes in the papers made by worms.
I don't smoke but those foreigners who did often took one drag of what was on offer and gave up on the spot. Proper fags were currency.

OK job jobbed. The photo presents something of an optical illusion in which two separate cord set ups appear to be one.
Bungie cord is stretched from where it is tied to the forward assist plunger to the ring on the orange "makporek" chamber flag. This taut elastic bungie cord is for pulling the makporek out of the chamber and receiver when the bolt carrier is pulled back.
The Velcro collar around the foregrip has a ring to which is attached a snaplink to which is attached paracord which is attached to the Trijicon sight. This is to ensure the Trijicon doesn't get lost if it becomes detached from the weapon.

View attachment 521670
OK I'm late to the conversation. But why a chamber flag on a professional soldier's weapon and in this picture a loaded weapon? It's all about basic Skill at Arms drills, unless you have the attention span of a gnat and are more interested in taking selfies.
That said I was looking out for morale improving IDF selfies on this thread.

Huh. that gets an informative. :? The guy has a point though. The normal flip-flop that the PX sells is useless if you really have to run. I usually kept my jungle boots on when using the field shower, but there wasn't anyone in the shower to work up a sweat for. Kept the wood splinters from the pallets from spoiling your day, though so it wasn't all bad.
Xin Loy Buddy (2).JPG

Huh. that gets an informative. :? The guy has a point though. The normal flip-flop that the PX sells is useless if you really have to run. I usually kept my jungle boots on when using the field shower, but there wasn't anyone in the shower to work up a sweat for. Kept the wood splinters from the pallets from spoiling your day, though so it wasn't all bad.
View attachment 524633
Crocs Classic gives you the best of both worlds - up there with the greatest Yankee inventions.

Zhopa

War Hero

1606603848493.png

I know the Spams like to go large but using a Huey as a hairdryer is ridiculous.

Attachments

• 1606603833167.png
    1606603833167.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
OK I'm late to the conversation. But why a chamber flag on a professional soldier's weapon and in this picture a loaded weapon? It's all about basic Skill at Arms drills, unless you have the attention span of a gnat and are more interested in taking selfies.

You have just echoed the words of one of our foremost instructors in anti-terror and the bloke I consulted with before answering the queries here. Bear in mind though that it is mainly a conscript and reserve army rather than a pro one.

What I forgot to mention is that combat soldiers and other field bods have their weapons on them 24/7 for most of their service. That's a lot of people carrying gats around and therefore advantageous to be able to ascertain that a weapon does not have a round in the chamber without having to go through clearing and checking drills each time.

Latest Threads