Fit birds in uniform

Take 2
Lets see how many likes this gets without the cringeworthy FB wording

Hot.jpg

Why do most of the septic medals look like they should have chocolate in them and be found under the Christmas tree?
Probably because they’ve got so many, they’ve run out of designs!!!
Back in the 1970s when I was serving, they even got one for managing to hit the target with an M16.!

Probably because they’ve got so many, they’ve run out of designs!!!
Back in the 1970s when I was serving, they even got one for managing to hit the target with an M16.!
I got one of those! Looks a bit like an Iron Cross.
Didn't much care for being asked if I'd been 'rodded' when leaving the range, though.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Rodded? Explique, svp.
In the US Army the range safety puts a cleaning rod down the muzzle of your rifle to ensure it's clear as you leave the range.

In the US Army the range safety puts a cleaning rod down the muzzle of your rifle to ensure it's clear as you leave the range.
On the subject of weapons safety, any clue why so many, allegedly skilled weapons handlers, appear to burn through a mag, then when they apparently complete all their rounds, cock and check the breech without removing the mag first. Shouldn't bother me, but it really does.

On the subject of weapons safety, any clue why so many, allegedly skilled weapons handlers, appear to burn through a mag, then when they apparently complete all their rounds, cock and check the breech without removing the mag first. Shouldn't bother me, but it really does.
If the weapon that you are using fires from an open breech (Bren or SMG for instance) then the breech block could be held back by a round jammed in the mag. Taking the mag off could release the breech block which will chamber and fire the round, hence bring the breech to the rear and check.
Can we go back on thread now?

If the weapon that you are using fires from an open breech (Bren or SMG for instance) then the breech block could be held back by a round jammed in the mag. Taking the mag off could release the breech block which will chamber and fire the round, hence bring the breech to the rear and check.
Can we go back on thread now?
By all means get back on thread.