Fit birds in uniform

Unfortunately it still does. It's a shit posting unless you have specifically joined the army to stay at home. Doing anything remotely operational with the Germans is well near impossible. Everything is a drag.

The 1er RI, the infantry regiment that now forms the French nucleus of the BFA used to be a very popular posting because it was an operational regiment with a lot of opportunities. Ever since it has been detached to the BFA, it is now the less sought after of all infantry units in France.

In the last class of the French infantry school, the 1er RI systematically attracted the bottom of the class.

View attachment 463133
FSFS, this is a thread for fanny pics, feck orf back to the Mess, and take your sensible posts with you.

Fined. One crate per post for talking shop in the Naafi bar. Next time knock and ask permission to enter the JRC.

Teaching first aid in French?!?!?!

My mind leaps instantly to the faux Gendarme in 'Allo 'Allo :thumleft:
In 1992 I gave a briefing on Ptarmigan at the French School of Signals in Montargis, in French. Mon
Général commandant and the British Defence Attache said my French was really good at the rehearsal. Come the day, I delivered beautifully and they all nodded along. My only mistake was asking if they had any questions. It was at this point that I really understood that transmission and reception are not necessarily the same as I didn't understood a bloody word, well not many anyway.

at this point that I really understood that transmission and reception are not necessarily the same as I didn't understood a bloody word
Neatly encapsulating my experience of travelling solo, by bus, from Erzurum to Ankara, armed only with a pocket size Turkish phrasebook.

I hardly dared leave the bus for a p!ss when it stopped at a service area, cos I'd no fecking way of knowing how long before it would set off again, couldn't pronounce the questions written in the book, and even if the audience understood my bolloxing up their language, I'd a less than zero probability of understanding the reply!!!

Phrase books? Works of the Devil!

Neatly encapsulating my experience of travelling solo, by bus, from Erzurum to Ankara, armed only with a pocket size Turkish phrasebook.

I hardly dared leave the bus for a p!ss when it stopped at a service area, cos I'd no fecking way of knowing how long before it would set off again, couldn't pronounce the questions written in the book, and even if the audience understood my bolloxing up their language, I'd a less than zero probability of understanding the reply!!!

Phrase books? Works of the Devil!
'Hovercraft full of eels' stuff?

Latest Threads