Fit birds in uniform

She’s about 50 and has one medal, common for some of the more deployment-phobic elements of HMF, how does that compare in FRA?
She was just awarded this medal on the picture, so as normal when receiving a decoration, she is not wearing any other.
Depending on where one is serving, I would say that on average, French service personnel with 10-15 years of service tend to have between 6 and 10 medals.

My (very minor) Sarajevo scalp wound was sewed up by similarly clad lasses, at the facility in the basement of the PTT.

I distinctly recall thinking at the time that I ought to write to the uniform designers, and congratulate them for a practical and well-fitting design. . . .

. . . that, unlike the Brit equivalent, didn't make all but the most masculine-framed lady soldier look like a split sack of taters tied loosely with cheap string.
I am afraid things have changed; it's baggy uniforms for everybody today, except of course the UBAS type shirts.

1585383325692.png

any one got pictures of the wrac who posed for readers wives or some such mag?
Roberta Platt-Higgins my faulty memory tells me.

1585514758325.png

A French soldier with Operation Barkhane working out at a military base in Niamey.

From the press today:

03b3ecc6798f4e48738f9bceedb75b6fa.jpg

Some country has had a Nazi takeover and their Krystalnacht has begun.
You'd think the star of David flag on their uniform shoulder patches might give a clue, the strict orthodox think they can do what they want as the government of Israel is illegitimate as it can only exist when the messiah comes.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads