Fit birds in uniform

Just what you need before going out on a night patrol, some clown shining a bright light in your face.
Unless of course she's just returned.
PS. Is that chamber flag/gizmo retained by a chain?
a cord/bungee The gizmo - "Makporek" in the local jargon, is extracted when you pull back the charging handle whereupon it dangles merrily.

Lebanese Civil War. 1976

That picture seems vaguely familiar. Some years ago, 2009 ish, a certain Dr David Schiller wrote an article in Visier (German gun mag) about the SLR/FAL and his experiences in the IDF. I feel certain that that was one of the photos in his article.

That picture seems vaguely familiar. Some years ago, 2009 ish, a certain Dr David Schiller wrote an article in Visier (German gun mag) about the SLR/FAL and his experiences in the IDF. I feel certain that that was one of the photos in his article.
Although I don't think this is a "natural" pic, it certainly doesn't depict IDF personnel, neither did the IDF have the version of the FAL in the picture. Although we had captured RPDs and RPKs, they certainly weren't issued to troops of the type depicted in the photo. The girl in the foreground has a Lebanese issue belt.

IDF FAL with ROMAT rifle grenade

IDF-BT-AT-52-rifle-grenade-jerusalem-1967-bbb-1.jpg

D

Deleted 146133

Although I don't think this is a "natural" pic, it certainly doesn't depict IDF personnel, neither did the IDF have the version of the FAL in the picture. Although we had captured RPDs and RPKs, they certainly weren't issued to troops of the type depicted in the photo. The girl in the foreground has a Lebanese issue belt.

IDF FAL with ROMAT rifle grenade

View attachment 342582
Fuck off. He's not sexy at all.

I'd be careful about badmouthing THAT rifle on here y'know
It's an FAL, just a cheap copy of the real thing.
I think Dr. Schiller may have been talking not just about the IDF, but also the neighbours as well. The article was written some years ago, so some bits are only vaguely remembered.
Of course the ladies in the picture are not IDF, they don't look good enough!

a cord/bungee The gizmo - "Makporek" in the local jargon, is extracted when you pull back the charging handle whereupon it dangles merrily.
At the risk of thread drift, I thought it might have been a home produced version of the US, Rapid Rack device, which can be used to cock the weapon and is then ejected and falls to the ground. I suppose retaining on a cord means it's less likely to get lost or covered in sand.