Fit birds in uniform

About Ms Stevens, pictured above. She is in the Army National Guard in Utah. A medic in the army but has a BS in Nursing and in civilian life in a nurse in the emergency dept of a Utah hospital. She has had at least two year long tours in Afghanistan and was over there last year. I seem to recall that she is married and has a couple of small children.

As to why a person with a nursing degree does not become a nursing officer, I know a woman with degrees in nursing, microbiology(MS) and chemistry (MS). I asked why she didn't switch to nursing officer and she said if she did she would become regular army and get transferred around the US. National Guard she stays close to home other than overseas deployments.
That's not necessarily true. I was in two Army Reserve hospitals (322nd GH & 330th GH) and we had many RNs who were officers but didn't get shuttled around the country. I'm sure they weren't Regular Army. True, you were for the chop if something interesting happened; you were going to man the casualty clearing station in the theater of operations and that was that. (viz. Gulf War I when the government called up all assigned RNs and some MDs assigned to Army Reserve medical units and shipped them off to points unknown for 6 months. My former boss, MAJ D** M**, a Medical Service Officer, was grabbed from his new unit in Washington State (50th GH) and shipped to Doha (or maybe it was KKMC) for assignment to a appropriate medical unit in theatre. He sent me an amusing letter from someplace sandy decorated with camels, palm trees, dudes running around in chemical suits, and SCUD missiles flying about. He said I wish you were here (instead of me) and I laffed.

Anyway, why limit yourself by settling for an enlisted grade when, by dint of your degree, you can be an officer and enjoy some perks? I know I would. :-D

Oh, FFS.

Woman Copper.jpg

I know it’s not a uniform but I thought you might appreciate the hardware.

If you want to see more of her, just look up her Facebook page ‘HellsBells’. Alternatively just visit the families bar at Relaxed And Friendly Leeming, where she works behind the bar.

If you want to see more of her, just look up her Facebook page ‘HellsBells’. Alternatively just visit the families bar at Relaxed And Friendly Leeming, where she works behind the bar.
I find her moderately attractive.

But that’s a No. 4 mk 1* and I literally came in my pants.

Well, I say ‘my’ pants, I stole them off my second-to-last victim.

Can you oblige us with a Bren Gun? :?

**** with Bren Gun.jpg

33.jpg

The "hardware" is all right, but the rifle is better. Oh and the dozy bint should get her finger of that Brens trigger.

The "hardware" is all right, but the rifle is better. Oh and the dozy bint should get her finger of that Brens trigger.
Reminds me of this:

Last edited:

The first rifle that I fired (recoil - ouch, it’s not like that in the movies), the first MG that I fired (remember the masher barrels for the blue wooden exercise rounds that spat out a spray of sawdust) and she looks a bit like the first bird whose knickers I managed to get into - all in the CCF in the seventies. Glory days!

In her defence, her hubby is RAF Reg. She probably doesn’t know any better.

Last edited: