Fit birds in uniform

12 years to lance jack? Must have been a real career soldier.
Everybody knows one!

Or many more if you are RLC or infantry (For some reason I don't entirely understand)
One of the Deepcut inquests had a still serving witness, over 20 years he had risen to the heady heights of private. That's the RLC for you, a regiment of high fliers.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

One of the Deepcut inquests had a still serving witness, over 20 years he had risen to the heady heights of private. That's the RLC for you, a regiment of high fliers.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
He was SNCO but due to him shooting several trainees at Deepcut in the nineties he was demoted.

...I've just fallen in love...again...

Silly question - what's the triangle/wedge shaped thing stuck behind the ruuber band on her helmet? I assume it is tere for a purpose but I can't figure out what it is.

...I've just fallen in love...again...

Silly question - what's the triangle/wedge shaped thing stuck behind the ruuber band on her helmet? I assume it is tere for a purpose but I can't figure out what it is.
Door wedge, as explained in a subsequent post by someone else.

To be honest, I have some sympathy with Katarina Hodge, although others on this site are less than sympathetic. I left the Army 25 years ago, but there were some similarities in her treatment from other male squaddies, that I witnessed against particularly pretty girls over a number of years in BAOR, Cyprus and Northern Ireland, but strangely enough, less so in the UK. Some of this treatment could be put down to envy, petty jealousies or a feeling the women were being treated more favourably because of their sex. I witnessed at first hand one of my Sergeant Major's who made one girl's life pure hell because she ignored his crude advances to get her into his bed........He was an ugly bastard anyway!

I witnessed at first hand one of my Sergeant Major's who made one girl's life pure hell because she ignored his crude advances to get her into his bed........He was an ugly bastard anyway!
And an ocean-going knob with it, by the sounds of it.

Are those emergency gas lighters for the BBQ?
Semaphore or traffic flags?

Better not be Semaphore, or all the RSigs CWWs will be defecting..... (-ive?)

......Brixmis used to spend a lot of time chatting-up bored reggies and giving them 'treats,' if the stories are to be believed........ I assumed it was in return for convoy information......