Fishing - real fishing not bloody chat.

I love fishing, but save it up to visit Canada once a year, pike, muskies, walleye, perch, bass, catfish...... sometimes in the same session.

I go over to the sea once in a while, catch very little, no interest in catching fish from ponds where they have names.

I envy your Canada trip! I do boatman for a famous west of Ireland hotel , this week looks promising local wisdom has it "first flood of june brings the grilse in, the rains here, heres hoping the salmon arrive.

I get smashed out my tree with a fishing rod in hand, does that count?

Tend to fish the sea, its free.

I envy your Canada trip! I do boatman for a famous west of Ireland hotel , this week looks promising local wisdom has it "first flood of june brings the grilse in, the rains here, heres hoping the salmon arrive.

It's nothing special, mate.

I stay with friends in Ottawa, we fish almost in the middle of town, but the river must be almost a mile wide near Shirleys Bay and the fishing is wonderful.

Up river above the hydro- dam, I caught an 18lb muskellunge on my second day's attempt.

A 100 miles away at their cottage on a lake, we were catching bass and perch on super- light tackle 50 yards out on the lake, last time there, on an evening return, I spotted a huge shoal of "splake" a spring/ lake trout hybrid, feeding on the surface.

This time, I'm taking my fly tackle as well.

You don't have to pay thousands for a "Robson Greene" it's a wonderful place, and they take great care of their fish- stocks

Well if that's "nothing special" I don't know what?
anyway always fancied the log cabin type of thing where you have to be choppered up to the arsehole of nowhere, but the bears would un nerve me, I'd be a bit of a girl in that respect.
I only use the fly.

Just to digress a bit...does anyone else find robson green an irritating girly twat? I just couldn't spend a day fishing with him.

I've done a couple of week long trips with my buddy and his friends to Lake Temagami ( about 8 hours drive) and two to the Gouin Reservoir, (about 16 hours drive) the last 4 hours on gravel in 4 by 4's and they were trips of a lifetime.

Moose, bear, foxes, red injuns, the whole thing, but they are a young man's thing.

The last time was Ottawa and outskirts, out around Plevna, humdrum stuff by their standards, but EASY, if you can try it, there's lots of awesome stuff (by our standards) a short ride from Toronto.

L

lumpy2

Love the idea of fishing because I'd like to prepare and cook what I catch (so sea fishing only). Unable to get away for long at the moment because of family commitments but I like the idea of beach casting or pier fishing (was violently ill last time I went on a boat) so any advice on these hotspots would be welcome (also need someone interested enough to go with me :))

Tropical saltwater fly twice a year, once on Alphonse and somewhere else I haven't fished.

Also have an interest in 9 miles of the Tamar that I fish regularly with good salmon, sea trout and a healthy population of wild browns.

I've been lucky to fish some exotic locations.

T

Tremaine

Love the idea of fishing because I'd like to prepare and cook what I catch (so sea fishing only). Unable to get away for long at the moment because of family commitments but I like the idea of beach casting or pier fishing (was violently ill last time I went on a boat) so any advice on these hotspots would be welcome (also need someone interested enough to go with me :))
Was just looking at these South West Sea Fishing | Sea Fishing in Devon,Cornwall, Dorset and Somerset SouthDevonFishing

In Devon, they do Boat runs out to sea, bit dear but good start-up experience and a couple of hours off.

L

lumpy2

Was just looking at these South West Sea Fishing | Sea Fishing in Devon,Cornwall, Dorset and Somerset SouthDevonFishing

In Devon, they do Boat runs out to sea, bit dear but good start-up experience and a couple of hours off.
Cheers Tremaine, I'll bear this in mind. Last time I was out for a good 8 hours in a massive swell (off Looe after blue shark!), one guy bent over to check his rod and promptly went straight over board - we got him back with no harm done luckily, but he was somewhat unhappy for the rest of the day, needless to say.

I reckon I could cope with a couple of hours though. I'm fine until the engines cut and we start wallowing, especially out of sight of land - but I'm fine as soon as we start heading in one direction again, not normally seasick.

I could just about put up with Jeremy Wade ;-)

I'd love to have a session, fishing with John Wilson, I love those giggles when he catches a good 'un....... unlike those toe- curling whoops and high- fives from Robson luvvy- Greene.

Fishing is a sport where you don't utter a sound for hours, except for the odd tsssssst as you open a can of beer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NAP6W The NAAFI Bar 1
cpunk The NAAFI Bar 1
A Sports, Adventure Training and Events 2