Fishing in germany

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wall_2, Aug 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone

Does anyone know of any good coarse fishing lakes around the her ford area? or does anyone know where i can get information about fishing in germany?

2. there are angling clubs run by other serving soldiers within Herford and they run competitions between them and the local German clubs.

Hope this helps.
  3. thats great thanks a lot for the reply
  4. I'd make sure you have the correct licences. You don't want to find yourself gassed.
  5. A long time ago, the Weser was considered to be the most prolific river in Germany.
    I fished many BAOR Matches on it and bags of 50kilo were the norm, you never knew
    what you were going to hit, right upto massive Wels.

We stopped using the River for matches when the Krauts told us that everything that
    was weighed in had to be topped, the last straw was the BAOR Final, we took a Water
    Bowser and emptied all the fish into it at the end, hoping to move them to a Lake near
    Lubbecke but they stopped us and killed the lot.....bastards!

BAOR then started to use the Guden in Denmark, you could walk across it on the
    amount of Tench in it.

Around your area there are literally hundreds of Lakes and Ponds, full of large Carp,
    Bream and Tench. Do not be put off by tiny Farm Ponds, they usually contain a good
    head of large 'uns but are often overlooked.

Also, you are not that far away from Holland for a weekends Maggot drowning but
    that's another story.

Tight Lines and Screaming Reels..........keep us updated, Mate.