Fish 'n Chips Fishcakes

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by TheIronDuke, Feb 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

You are not much use to me alive are you? With you Balsamic bleedin vinegar and torn ******* leaves drizzled with this that and the ******* other. But I do love to be proved wrong. So snap to and get good.

I require a recipe I cannot find on Google which, to be perfectly honest, is a lot less hassle than talking to you lot.

Heres the deal. Last night Our Hero buzzed out to get fish and chips for everyone. To an excellent chip shop. So, today we have four half haddocks in quality batter. And a load of good chips.

I must be able to make fishcakes. We have capers, gerkins, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and a stove.

Over to you. Fly my little monkeys.

2. put 3/4 of the chips in a biff baff boff with an egg and whizz, roughly chop the remaining chips and the fish and mix into the chip paste with chopped capers and gherkins. Chill. Form into cakes, dip in eggwash and breadcrumbs. Fry gently in butter! Lush!

3. Just buy them from the chippy you tight fisted twat!

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

And some people wonder why I have prevented you from being murdered. Cheers babes. That is pretty well what I thought but wasnt sure about quantities and that.

5. You know me Old Luv....if it can be fried in butter and applied to face, I'm yer girl!!

6. Tis simple.......put the fish that is in batter into a liquidator.....add the chips, capers, gerkins, a dash of salt and a dash of pepper.....turn on the liquidator for 5 seconds or so.....then make into little cakes and whack into the oven for 20 minutes...take out and put a little parsley on top to make it look all posh.....voilà fishcakes

7. Ring 01482 226660 and ask for Bob.
    imagesCAKS8L93.jpg

8. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

The Guardian comes to your rescue!!! Ge teh wife to beat you with a wet bootlace to overcome your shame.

How to cook perfect fishcakes | Life and style | The Guardian

9. I never really bother will quantities when making stuff like that, just lob it in and taste as you go.

Couldn't you take a recipe for normal fishcakes and just modify it, such as change the 'fish' for 'fish in batter' and 'potato' for 'chips'?

Shouldn't be a problem for a 'chef' of your, erm, abilities.

Haven't had decent fishcakes in a while and you've given me some inspiration, I can see it having some potential, a nice variation on the original.

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I thought you just told the butler to get cook to make some!! ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. You lot are an ignorant bunch of know nowts....

Yorkshire Fish Cakes..

Peel a fair sized Maris Piper Potato, slice thinly, wash off the Starch, thrice, mind, and
    dry. Slice FRESH Cod and make a Potato and Fish Sandwich, two Cakes per person,
    cover with Foil and place in the Fridge, mix the Beer Batter, packet stuff is OK.

Cut Very thick chips, half fry in hot oil in a Wok(yes, a Wok) take out of the Wok and
    let them cool.

Use a medium sized Copper Pan and boil Lockwoods Mushy Peas, be careful they need
    to be constantly monitored, add a little extra water as and when req. simmer carefully.

Heat up Oil in a separate Chip Pan, no, not the fcuking Wok, medium heat only.
    Take Fishcakes from the Fridge, when the oil is heated, dip the whole of the Cake in
    the Batter, must be completely covered in Batter, place in the Pan and fry slowly.

Check the Peas, you cnut, they're nearly dry.

Heat up the Wok when Fishcakes are just starting to darken, fry chips again until
    just past Golden Brown(sic),

When all is ready, serve with Doorstep Bread and wads of Butter, don't put Vinegar
    on the Peas, you filth bags....well you can if'n tha' wants.

YARKSHIRE FISHCAKES, CHIPS and PEAS!!!

The Cholesterol Tablets are in the Bathroom.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Wok? Fer Yorkshire fishcakes? Tha's jestin'.

13. Move with the times, Mate, try it, it's as quick as hell.

Doant ferget, its ony't Chips int Wok!!

14. Hoy the lot in front of the dog before phoning the "Star of Bengal" for their "stroppy infidel special vindaloo with extra manfat" and two plain naans.

15. Yep. Do me some as well?

I had forgotten the Yorkshire way of making fish cakes. ******* outstanding they were after 14 pints of Sam Smiths. Used ter spend me bus fare and have to walk to Hackenthorpe, but a couple of fish cakes, a bag of chips and some mushy peas and you could walk to the moon.

• Like Like x 1