Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First World Problems of the day!

Oyibo

LE
That’s a doddle. TVR Chimaera has it behind a bulkhead at the very end of the narrow passenger side foot tunnel.

Morgan 4/4 has it behind the seats only accessible through an aluminium plate that one has to unscrew. And the baby boomers tell us they had it tough.

Getting caught? No chance. Scope out the security cameras and find a blind spot. Scoff the Eccles cakes, dump the wrapper and brush off crumbs. Walk out nonchalantly. Another successful heist.

Within a week or so, it's going to be CORVID-19.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Placed orders for four items on Amazon. One arrived in Southampton about 0300 yesterday, delivered about 1700 same day.

This.morning, two more items arrived Southampton about 0300. "On the balance of probability, they'll turn up this afternoon. We can still do the weekly shop this.morning."

10.00. Two times "Your parcel will arrive between 10.15 and 12.15." "We can delay the shop until they've been delivered."

11.15. "It's bound to arrive imminently. Let's lunch early and shop this afternoon."

12.15. Two times "Your parcel will arrive between 10.45 and 12.45" .

12.45. Two times "Your parcel will still turn up today by 9pm". "Fúck it. Have a coffee, wash up and shop."

13.45. Set off for the new Lidl. See if this week we can find all the stuff we couldn't last week. And hope a plague of locusts haven't swarmed through and wiped out the bog roll, the tea and the coffee.

14.00. Zero Alpha bails out at the lights to get Fairy Liquid from the Pound Shop. It's way cheaper even than Lidl. Park in Lidl car park. Walk back, spot Zero Alpha in the pay queue. Hit entrance, plan to speed round the aisles and catch up. Phone goes off. "It's Amazon. I'm at your front door. Where do you want your parcels?" Facepalm. Leave instructions, catch Zero Alpha at till, pay, cross road into Lidl.

Find the locusts have been in and shop is full of zombies who don't know where stuff is. Get what we can. List what we can't. Get out of car park. High Street nose to tail because schools are out. Get back to our estate, almost miss turning because I've followed the same car in the traffic like a zombie for two miles.

Starving kids in Africa don't know they're born I tell ya.

Last edited:
I am now expected to wear business casual at work, no more wranglers or hoodies.

Business Casual, does that mean you have to walt as Alan Partridge?

Business Casual, does that mean you have to walt as Alan Partridge?

1584030179168.png

If only!

Living in the Armpit of Africa, we were used to losing fast internet annually when a ship would drop its anchor on the cable providing it so we were all on old dial up speeds until it was repaired. You think they would have learned after the first time it happened.

There’s your answer.

Bought a jar of coffee yesterday that is a bit of a richer roast than my normal one, now I'm stuck with it until it runs out.

I'm slightly disappointed.

Oyibo

LE
Living in the Armpit of Africa, we were used to losing fast internet annually when a ship would drop its anchor on the cable providing it so we were all on old dial up speeds until it was repaired. You think they would have learned after the first time it happened.

They got a bit better - I visited Snake Island to recce an alternative base for a deep-water high-pressure drilling campaign and an Italian company (entirely unrelated to the mafia) had huge reels of fibre optic cable ready for the next incident. They probably also had vessels with large anchors as well.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ordered a part for the Ferrari. They accidentally sent a part for a Maserati instead.

And now my afternoon nap has just been interrupted by the sound of my gardener’s strimmer.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Today I've received a new monitor, keyboard and mouse from my job's IT dept for working from home, but the callous bastards have left out the headset. I'll have to keep leaning into the laptop mic - It's an RSI waiting to happen, I tell you.

Latest Threads