Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First World Problems of the day!

Yesterday I confused a stone baked rye and spelt boule for a pain rustique in Waitrose and had to return to the previous screen on the self checkout till.

I'm coping .

I'll bet there's been a shortage of posts from Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight today.

Went to bed, hunky dory. Middle of the night, Zero Alpha, "There's a light on downstairs." I can see light reflected from the PC, off the hall wall and up to the landing. FFS, PC has come out of screen save. I'll go and switch it off. Hmm the default browser has woken up. It was off when I went to bed. "Your internet connection has dropped." Bugger, it's glitched. I'll look at it in the morning if it hasn't come back up.

Fast forward to 0800, Alien Minor 2 heads downstairs. "Alexa, what's the time?" "I'm having trouble connecting to the internet." "Bugger." Off downstairs. Alien Minor 2, "You may want to check the Sky router." "Thanks." I didn't add, "for stating the bleeding obvious" because he didn't know I knew.

I spent ¾ hour checking connections and running diagnostics before concluding, "The fúcking fúcker's fúcking fúcked." Go to Sky box Settings, get broadband telephone helpline number, call it.

"Sky are aware of a widespread broadband outage in the Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight areas. Engineers are looking into it."

1230. SMS from Sky. "You'll be back up on four hours."

1300. "Alexa what's the time?" "I'm having trouble connecting to the internet."

1330. Alexa responds. Internet responds.

1340. ITV Meridian informs us somebody had broken a Sky/ Virgin cable at a hub around midnight.

1430. SMS from Sky. "Your problem is fixed."

These starving kids in Africa don't know they're born.
Living in the Armpit of Africa, we were used to losing fast internet annually when a ship would drop its anchor on the cable providing it so we were all on old dial up speeds until it was repaired. You think they would have learned after the first time it happened.

Living in the Armpit of Africa, we were used to losing fast internet annually when a ship would drop its anchor on the cable providing it so we were all on old dial up speeds until it was repaired. You think they would have learned after the first time it happened.

Or someone had a good insurance/cable repair scam going.

Yesterday I confused a stone baked rye and spelt boule for a pain rustique in Waitrose and had to return to the previous screen on the self checkout till.

I'm coping .
By Jingo you're posh.

I'm coping .

Well, they did say about 6 months ago that they were adding exciting new features to their bakery range, though I didn't think it would go as far as putting self checkout tills in the skips round the back of the shop.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’ve got one of those giant bean bags. The problem is the beans (little polystyrene balls) get compressed over time and the bean bag goes all limp and shit.

Probably doesn’t help having two kids who use it as a trampoline.

Anyway once a year or so I have to buy a bag of polystyrene balls off the internet and refill the thing.

It’s a pain in the arse, the balls are expensive and I always end up spilling loads.

The other day I had the genius idea of using pieces of foam instead. I found a company online that sells random off cuts for next to nowt and ordered some.

Might have overdone it a bit.

This is what’s left over after filling up two massive bean bags.

Anyone need any foam?
DE4EDEC0-1E0A-487C-BD8E-C1EB88BA0847.jpeg

Dear Ravers
So sorry you keep getting soft and floppy because your balls keep shrivelling.

I think that's my taxi.......

I’ve got one of those giant bean bags. The problem is the beans (little polystyrene balls) get compressed over time and the bean bag goes all limp and shit.

Probably doesn’t help having two kids who use it as a trampoline.

Anyway once a year or so I have to buy a bag of polystyrene balls off the internet and refill the thing.

It’s a pain in the arse, the balls are expensive and I always end up spilling loads.

The other day I had the genius idea of using pieces of foam instead. I found a company online that sells random off cuts for next to nowt and ordered some.

Might have overdone it a bit.

This is what’s left over after filling up two massive bean bags.

Anyone need any foam?
View attachment 453875
Enough left over to do a small pouffe.

I may have accidentally put through the most expensive loaf of Waitrose artisan bread as a crusty roll , my finger slipped on the screen or I was distracted by a goose or something else.

I'm coping .
Are you alright mate?
If ever you need to talk about it..

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Enzo Ferrari

Great at making pretty cars.

Shit at putting batteries in accessible places.

D5DCCBB0-AFBC-41CF-82A3-FEEB6C4AD51B.jpeg

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Went on a course, firm said paid, training firm said not paid, guess who was wrong?
Yes our accounts fecked it up on the system & still it seems my fault!

Tesco last night... Brand of Australian plonk in two flavours.... Merlot with a security tag.. Cabernet Sauvignon without..

I asked the floor manager "you only get discerning thieves who know the Cabernet needs a couple of years before it's ready??"

Tesco last night... Brand of Australian plonk in two flavours.... Merlot with a security tag.. Cabernet Sauvignon without..

I asked the floor manager "you only get discerning thieves who know the Cabernet needs a couple of years before it's ready??"
Caught shoplifting again ?

Latest Threads