First World Problems of the day!

Better than AOL, better than Hotmail and better than Gmail!

(When it's fecking working...)
And it turns out it wasn't Yahoo that wasn't working, it was AVG dicking about with my bookmarks that was the problem. All sorted, phew!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
And it turns out it wasn't Yahoo that wasn't working, it was AVG dicking about with my bookmarks that was the problem. All sorted, phew!
That's part of the reason I ditched AVG for (iirc) Avast.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Avast owns AVG...
As may be. Avast doesn't keep demanding a manual intervention to update, an 8-page EULA to read, and hidden somewhere different every time, a box to tick to say I don't want a Yahoo toolbar, Bing as my search engine and hours undoing changes they've made that I didn't want.

It just updates.

As may be. Avast doesn't keep demanding a manual intervention to update, an 8-page EULA to read, and hidden somewhere different every time, a box to tick to say I don't want a Yahoo toolbar, Bing as my search engine and hours undoing changes they've made that I didn't want.

It just updates.
Odd
I have Avast on this laptop & AVG on the PC at home & AVG does none of the stuff yours does.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Odd
I have Avast on this laptop & AVG on the PC at home & AVG does none of the stuff yours does.
Maybe everybody jumped ship, and when AVG realised why, they sorted it. This issue ⬆ aside, I never had a problem with AVG and happily recommended it to all and sundry.

When I did the shopping this weekend, I didn't (thoughtless brute that I am), buy enough salad and fruit stuff from M&S for her to make her lunches to take to work all week. There's bread, ham and cheese available but that's not good enough. Oh the fucking humanity.

When I did the shopping this weekend, I didn't (thoughtless brute that I am), buy enough salad and fruit stuff from M&S for her to make her lunches to take to work all week. There's bread, ham and cheese available but that's not good enough. Oh the ******* humanity.
I'm fairly sure if she starts eating ham and cheese sandwiches every day, you'll soon be complaining that she's "putting on a few pounds".
You can't have it both ways! ;-)

I'm fairly sure if she starts eating ham and cheese sandwiches every day, you'll soon be complaining that she's "putting on a few pounds".
You can't have it both ways! ;-)
A day or two of ham sarnies is going to hurt no one. The way she carried on, you'd have thought I'd suggested she take a kilo of lard between two slices of bread to work - which some in the turd world would consider a feast mark you.

A day or two of ham sarnies is going to hurt no one. The way she carried on, you'd have thought I'd suggested she take a kilo of lard between two slices of bread to work - which some in the turd world would consider a feast mark you.
Be grateful she's so concerned about her weight and do as you're told next time! :)

The sugar caddy was finally emptied, hurrah!

A 500g bag of Tate&Lyles finest isn’t enough to fill it so I purchased the 1kg bag.

Open bag, pour it in and the caddy is full again.

But there’s sugar left in the packet?

Oh, FFS!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm almost sure there was a thread entitled British Problems hereabouts

Either my memory is going quicker than a Klatchian Foreign Legion recruit or it's been 'updated' due to double-plus-ungood references to the previous regime.

anyway apologies if these are all too familiar:

Smart motorway installation, work complete Nov’ 2018. It’s been two years the Nov signs disappeared months ago and they’re still no where near complete.

Been given tea twice in hospital when I asked for coffee. Drinking it politely as I don’t want to be a nuisance.

The existence of James Corden.

Just opened a multipack of Double deckers and they are the same size as the Penguins. Absolutely flabbergasted

Piers Morgan complaint about things he doesn’t understand on live television.

When Jack and Dani from Love Island split and you no longer believe in love

I was so taken aback by the bus driver saying good morning to me that I didn't respond to him. Now I'm going to spend the entire day wondering if I offended him.

The nozzle on my WD-40 is clogged. The only thing I can think of to resolve the problem is more WD-40.

As a male, Being treated like an outcast because I don't like football!

Waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of your dad chasing away a bunch of teens who were taking the tiles off of your garage roof

Just because i live near a school doesn't mean you can use my actual driveway as a place to park your fucking 4x4!

It's 2018 and BBC One HD still can't show programmes from my area

Marylebone Station is charging for the toilets again.

People with stupidly complex instructions when offered a cuppa. Just accept what you're given or make it yourself.

When it’s time to go home and take the train, but you avoid leaving the same time as your colleagues so you don’t have to talk to them on the way to the station.

Just got id'd buying pro plus

There’s a wasp in my room. It’s December.

------------------------ ------------
These are genuine problems people - is there no compassion left ? Think of the children/as a mother etc etc

I am making a book on the first Arrser to respond with any of the following prowords:
  1. ' snowflake'
  2. MTFU
  3. Southern shandy swilling Jessie

Last edited:
I'm almost sure there was a thread entitled British Problems hereabouts

Either my memory is going quicker than a Klatchian Foreign Legion recruit or it's been 'updated' due to double-plus-ungood references to the previous regime.

anyway apologies if these are all too familiar:

Smart motorway installation, work complete Nov’ 2018. It’s been two years the Nov signs disappeared months ago and they’re still no where near complete.

Been given tea twice in hospital when I asked for coffee. Drinking it politely as I don’t want to be a nuisance.

The existence of James Corden.

Just opened a multipack of Double deckers and they are the same size as the Penguins. Absolutely flabbergasted

Piers Morgan complaint about things he doesn’t understand on live television.

When Jack and Dani from Love Island split and you no longer believe in love

I was so taken aback by the bus driver saying good morning to me that I didn't respond to him. Now I'm going to spend the entire day wondering if I offended him.

The nozzle on my WD-40 is clogged. The only thing I can think of to resolve the problem is more WD-40.

As a male, Being treated like an outcast because I don't like football!

Waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of your dad chasing away a bunch of teens who were taking the tiles off of your garage roof

Just because i live near a school doesn't mean you can use my actual driveway as a place to park your ******* 4x4!

It's 2018 and BBC One HD still can't show programmes from my area

Marylebone Station is charging for the toilets again.

People with stupidly complex instructions when offered a cuppa. Just accept what you're given or make it yourself.

When it’s time to go home and take the train, but you avoid leaving the same time as your colleagues so you don’t have to talk to them on the way to the station.

Just got id'd buying pro plus

------------------------ ------------
These are genuine problems people - is there no compassion left ? Think of the children/as a mother etc etc

I am making a book on the first Arrser to respond with any of the following prowords:
  1. ' snowflake'
  2. MTFU
  3. Southern shandy swilling Jessie
WTF are Double Deckers??

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rube
1544133371828.png