First weekend in the field tonight...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TA_GUY, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

As title, first weekend in the field, RT 3, any tips, advice, any one know if there are any suprises in store? 8O

2. You'll just learn from the 1,225,236,964,100 mistakes you will make and will be very uncomfortable. You will also get no sleep and probably lose most of your kit (or the kit you've remembered to bring with you)

Lets hope its raining too.
  3. I'd be very surprised if you dont get bumped at least once during the night. Make sure you have warm kit as you'll freeze your nuts off on stag at 03:00 hours
  4. Watch out for the wolves.
  5. watch out for me with my willy out.
  6. Enjoy it, it was the part of basic which I looked forward to most. Keep your admin in order, and don't forget your haribo and you'll be fine.
  7. where are you this weekend?
  8. Only have one thing out of your Bergan at any one time,
    Lots of Haribo,
    Hipflasks are a must,
    Don't bother using your Messtins to cook stuff. That black cup with your waterbottle makes it much easier,
    Tie your bungees onto the Poncho in advance,
    Make sure everything is waterproofed,
  9. Gloves.

Oh, and don't forget your gloves.
  10. don't forget your toothbrush!
  11. Take a Thinsulate wooly hat, four extra bungees and decent tent pegs. Don't take bright disco bungees, you'll not be allowed to use them.

Do NOT put one of those nifty flasks in your ammunition pouches unless you want to suffer.
  12. haha, i have no haribo yet and only £2 to last me till the end of the month so i'll see what i can do
    hipflask with alcohol...?
    i have already tied them in advance thanks, no tent pegs though, hoping someon will have spare...!
    I think everything is waterproofed!

I have gloves :)
  13. What, the plastic one?!
  14. I'm being an idiot and hoping the person i have to set up with will have pegs! and i have two bungees, i was under the impression we get issued two so i only bought 2 and got issued none!

we are somewhere near bury st edmonds
  15. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Make sure that you do not bother to heat your rations through fully. Cold corned beef hash does you more good.

Also, make sure that you get a brew on just before you go to stag on. No-one will mind, and the hexy will cheer you up at 3 am.

Good luck!