First week

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by rg1991, Feb 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the 1st week of basic do recruits have to do the 1.5 mile runs again?
    If so what happens if you fail, do you get sent home or what?
    RG

2. Yes you do the 1.5 mile again, your max press-ups and your max sit-ups. Over half of my platoon failed the 1.5 mile run at Catterick. A fair few people getting times like 12:30/12:10 etc. Everybody blamed it on the ground/hills but IMO people just layed off of the training once they'd passed the ADSC.

Nowt happens if you fail, you just get pushed harder.

3. Is that the same for paras?

4. same for any regiment.

5. Paras is 9.15mins for the 1.5mile, unless you can deadlift 115kg, then its 9.40mins.
    Then you've got to show your really pushing yourself and giving 110%
    No point in slacking off! 8) They push you harder.

Greg

6. hey does this apply to basic at pirbright, i heard if u dont get within 30seonds of your ADSC time your backswuaded and given remidial?

7. Yeah, it applies everywhere, but if you dont get the required time (within reason) you will be backsquaded :x

If its 10-15 seconds you may get let off, but its up to your recruiter to decide if you hve put 110% into it.
    And it depends on your BARB, to some degree.
    I asked today in the AFCO, so please dont say its crap, im repeating what my recruiter said 8)

Greg

8. It's crap and your recruiter by the sounds of it is full of it. Maybe you should swap with him. After all you're the original super soldier who's fitness, determination and modesty is second to none.

9. I am indeed :roll:

Greg

10. i didnt mean at selection i meant at basic, cos run for cmt is 14mins at selection i got 10:06, due to a lot of family issues i havnt been training as much as i shud so want to know what will get me nack squaded

11. Well if you run 16mins then you cant pass, so they will back squad you.
    But if your running early 10s then you can do 14mins easily, even without training that much.

Muscle takes a while to turn into fat, so most of it should still be there :)

Allow 1-2mins depending on how long you havent been training, and the intensity you were at before (all variables), just show your willing to give 110%. Its all taken into consideration :p

Greg

12. i didnt mean at selection i meant at basic, cos run for cmt is 14mins at selection i got 10:06, due to a lot of family issues i havnt been training as much as i shud so want to know what will get me nack squaded

13. so why do they do a 1.5 mile run if it doesnt mater wat time u get? and how many press up nd push ups do u need to do in 2 mins?
    also can u stop repostion yourself and keep going or is it how many you can do in one go or in 2mins?

14. You won't do any press up's or sit up's at selection, unless you're found with with your hands in your pockets
    :roll:

15. Muscle does not turn into fat any more than steel turns into an apple fritter.

You will lose muscle however and it will be replaced with fat.