First visit to TA centre.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by spiderbloke, Jul 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got my first visit to a TA centre coming up.

What can I expect to happen?
  2. msr

msr LE

A friendly interview, meeting some other potential recruits, hopefully a cup of tea and a chance to ask the guys some questions.

3. Sounds good, I thought as much.

I wasn't sure if I'd be doing any fitness tests or anything though :?
  4. My unit is in your area and we have an induction on the first Wednesday of the month.
    We do the following on the first night:
    Presentations on the unit and the TA and Regular Army, a look around, an informal interview, and the issueing of application forms and other paper work.
    It's all informal and relaxed so don't worry about it, we are here to sell an organisation and not there to fxxk you about.
    If you Fancy working on Challenger II main battle tanks then pop down to your nearest RAC unit based in pie eating land tomorrow night around 19.30 hrs.
  5. I would love to join an RAC unit, according to the Army website there's none within a hundred miles of me though :cry:

could you post a link to the website if one exists mate?

can't make tommorrow by the way going boxing :D
  6. Got back about an hour ago.

Never been on a barracks before so it took a bit of getting used it.

I told to go into this building I did and came face to face with about 20 soldiers stood to attention looking at me thinking "who the fucks this".

A sergeant saw me and took me into a room for an interview, I had a chat to him for a bit and learnt about the infantry etc.

We went outside to see the mortar teams practice some lad put the equipment in his officers parking space so was gonna get bollocked.

I got took inside so I wouldn't get put off joining :roll:

Overall it was good gonna look at a few more units before I decide which to join though.
  7. spiderbloke, check out - D Squadron RMLY (an RAC unit) are based in Wigan. Close-ish.
  8. msr

msr LE

So much like my first night in 1989 then...

9. hmmm mortars, is this TA infantry or marines? Not that I considering moving to a Black Puddingshire unit.
  10. TA, hence it saying TA outside and my posting it on an army forum in the TA section :roll:
  11. Oh lord...we KNOW that - its whether it's marines or infantry, not whether it's TA!!!

There's a career for you somewhere.
  12. TA infantry I would have thought that obvious.
  13. Wah? It's not going to be TA marines.. That'd be RMR, or RNR, or one of the moister units whatever they're called anyway.

TA inf, doing mortar practice? Polar is no doubt feeling very excited now.

Spiderdude, yeah it was a bit silly, but keep the attitude cordial and this bunch of reprobates will help you quite a bit. :)
  14. The only mortars in Manchester I knew about were Marine reserves, I should have tried it in 1999.

Best job in the reserves I've ever had.... AT MY COMMAND BLOW UP THAT HILLSIDE

or AMC 5R FFE FB R3
  15. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

tut tut - for how many rds? Finish the FM!