first tour moving expences

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by little_tig_p, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. i'm about to rejoin and as yet havnte been given a loaction just a head up that when they allocate me somewhere i'll be going fast as they can gt me accomadation. that's all fine and good and i'm looking forward to my nice new little house somewhere...the problem is my niavity.
    im in SSFA at the mo, my husbands away on a course and the girls and i have stayed put becasue we didnt want to move them twise. i thought the army would pay my moving costs if i transfered the house into my name and i went from being married unaccompanied to be the one with the house and children. when i spoke with the housing people today they were very nice but explained there was no chance in hell of this happening.
    the recruitment officer ahd led me to believe that the army would be paying and i've not been working, small family etc.
    the long and short of it is that i have no pennies in the bank mya husband doesnt either and i'm there a charity out there that might be able to help?? any help appreciated
  2. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    It could only be the Regt/Corps Association of whatever you are rejoining. Speak to the Welfare Office of your unit. If necessary they will call in SSAFA to do a report for the Association.