First the Dome, then the War, now the Olympics.

Here it comes just on cue.
Winding down from Iraq the second of a series of Great British Fiascos, comes the third - the fcuking Olympics.
First the Dome, then the War, now the Games.
All examples of the same disordered thinking, vanity and corrupted vaunting ambition.

Coe accused of 'profiting' from Olympic bid as arts and community groups lose out
By Andrew Johnson
Published: 09 September 2007
The 2012 London Olympics – already under fire for draining lottery money from the arts – are likely to be plunged into further controversy tomorrow amid allegations that Lord Coe has profited personally from his position as chairman of the committee organising the games.
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article2944404.ece

i read yesterday on teletext that the wage bill for the organisers has already cost £3,000,000 and there has been nothing done yet except sit in commitees. Waste of money to please a few sportsmen and women who do nothing for the country but make a good living out of pursuing their hobby.

well , i dont care about the olympics at all, waste of money imo.
i could think of a lot of things that would benefit more from that sort of money.

oldbaldy

LE
One thing to our advantage will be all the cheap flights on the empty planes going from Heathrow in 2012. :D

Look on the bright side goodkurtz, the Olympics have probably only been awarded to the UK by a cabal of nations interested in sport - possibly an Olympic Committee? This sinister group are obviously intent on setting up the British government to take a fall, in order to maximise the deliverable benefits for their space lizard masters, who will no doubt be planning further conspiracies, in between overturning the laws of physics and making big buildings fall with a (spookily) enormous crump!

bound to me something in that lot for you to populate your evenings clad in spiderman pyjamas, calling to mum for another doughnut and e-mailing your fellow "lone gunmen"...

Cuddles said:
Look on the bright side goodkurtz, the Olympics have probably only been awarded to the UK by a cabal of nations interested in sport - possibly an Olympic Committee? This sinister group are obviously intent on setting up the British government to take a fall, in order to maximise the deliverable benefits for their space lizard masters, who will no doubt be planning further conspiracies, in between overturning the laws of physics and making big buildings fall with a (spookily) enormous crump!

bound to me something in that lot for you to populate your evenings clad in spiderman pyjamas, calling to mum for another doughnut and e-mailing your fellow "lone gunmen"...
ROFL!!

craftsmanx said:
i read yesterday on teletext that the wage bill for the organisers has already cost £3,000,000 and there has been nothing done yet except sit in commitees. Waste of money to please a few sportsmen and women who do nothing for the country but make a good living out of pursuing their hobby.
craftsmanx - are you sure you weren't reading about the Football Association?

Thought the olympics was the fourth fiasco ... northern rock being number 3. The money plowed into that is supposed to be 57billion already. Just goes to show nu labour started small at the 1b dome and have now REALLY got the hang of squandering our tax money. Cnuts!

It is increadably sad and boring that the people of this land feel the need to attack anything tried out.
I went to the original Dome when it opened and me and the kids had a great day out.
I can't wait for the Olympics, come hell of high water I'm going to at least one event. For years I have watched every other nation get the Olympics and it looks fantastic.
Stop being so bloody miserable and get behing this amazing national event. For most of us it will be a once in a lifetime thing. And please stop knocking anything remotley good.
Oh apart from these stupid ops they keep getting us to do...

What will the benefits actually be to the nation.

IMO some flats (once they move out of the village) in London and a stadium that will be half demolished after 2 weeks of use, and then probably be given to a football team.

Sure we should rejoince at getting the Olympics, but they surely could have been put on at vastly lower prices that are being quoted by using other stadia around the region, and going up all the time.

With all the other monies that have been hived off the other good causes, there are projects that have had to be cancelled or greatly reduced.

rabid_hamster said:
Thought the olympics was the fourth fiasco ... northern rock being number 3. The money plowed into that is supposed to be 57billion already. Just goes to show nu labour started small at the 1b dome and have now REALLY got the hang of squandering our tax money. Cnuts!
Nothing to worry about, they have recouped that money by selling 25millon sets of ID.

That 3 million bill mentioned above - cost 8 million learner driver id details.

What else needs paying for? I am sure there are a few million other bits of information that can be sold on..

johnboyzzz said:
IMO some flats (once they move out of the village) in London and a stadium that will be half demolished after 2 weeks of use, and then probably be given to a football team.

Sure we should rejoince at getting the Olympics, but they surely could have been put on at vastly lower prices that are being quoted by using other stadia around the region, and going up all the time.

With all the other monies that have been hived off the other good causes, there are projects that have had to be cancelled or greatly reduced.
The estimated £2billion quid profit in hard cash spent by all the visiting athletes, spectators and general hangers on. Sydney made a huge amount of cash for Aus and its sports infrestucture, next year China is set to do even better.

bobath said:
johnboyzzz said:

The estimated £2billion quid profit in hard cash spent by all the visiting athletes, spectators and general hangers on. Sydney made a huge amount of cash for Aus and its sports infrestucture, next year China is set to do even better.
You forgot to figure in the amount paid for votes to the IOC delegates.

According to some reports it was at least 28million in cash plus lots and lots of other inducments for the Sydney games.
These costs never seem to show up in the profit/loss figures for some reason. :roll:

goodkurtz said:
Edited by Mod. Stay on thread.
Edited by Cuddles. Pleaase stop being a cnut and pedant...

Edited because I so often confuse the two words starting p...

Londoners will pay for these f.....g games, which is why so many of us groaned when the announcement was made. Paris, you could have tried harder - you cheese gobbling, financially sensible monkeys!

PS It is of course another MEGA excuse for the poxy Mayor of London, and the appalling government, to up his 'precept' and increase our taxes.

However, as far as the Marxist Ken is concerned, no tax rises this year naturally with an election in May!

PPS Who will protect us from these disgraceful and dishonest politicians with hands reaching straight into our wallets or pockets?

lsquared said:
Londoners will pay for these f.....g games, which is why so many of us groaned when the announcement was made. Paris, you could have tried harder - you cheese gobbling, financially sensible monkeys!

PS It is of course another MEGA excuse for the poxy Mayor of London, and the appalling government, to up his 'precept' and increase our taxes.

However, as far as the Marxist Ken is concerned, no tax rises this year naturally with an election in May!

PPS Who will protect us from these disgraceful and dishonest politicians with hands reaching straight into our wallets or pockets?
Hear, Hear Isquared.
I'll tell you who will do very nicely out of this Olympic racket. Management consultants. They will already be crawling all over this like flies over s'hit.