Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

First Tactical Tactix Backpack/Daysack

Bad CO

Book Reviewer
I arrived home on Friday to receive the message we all dread sitting on the mat. Following a quick trip to the Post Office on Saturday I returned home with a fairly large and undamaged parcel. The slightly concerning thing was that it was addressed to the website and I had no real idea what it was!

As a safety precaution, I let the children open it and once it was clear that it wasn't going to cause any damage I was very pleased to find myself in possession of a First Tactical Tactix Daysack in Olive Drab
180021-tactix-1-day-backpack-le-odgreen-isometric.jpg

If you haven't come across First Tactical before then they're currently only operating in the US and Asia but are looking to launch in a few European countries, including the UK, in March.

The brand offers clothing and equipment covering military, emergency and police service professionals using 'state of the art components and advanced tactical materials'. I'll be posting a more detailed review in due course but certainly after two days with the daysack that information seems to be correct. It is actually a really nice daysack!

Other than this the way First Tactical tries to differentiate itself from the competition is the business model which is shown in the graphic below:

Sales_Infographic.jpg

In principle therefore the products they offer are cheaper to the customer because there aren't lots of people in the middle taking a cut.

To finish off I thought I'd put up a couple of pictures next to the issue daysack. Main observations:
  • Size is similar although Tactix daysack is much tidier on outside
  • Olive drab is not really MTP compatible
  • Tactix daysack follows US model of lots of pockets but still has two (and a bit) decent size compartments
  • Molle compatible Lynx Laser Cut platform is very clever indeed.
tactix2.jpg

tactix1.jpg

They're launching in the UK in March.

As part of this we should be getting another daysack to offer as a competition prize. Best make sure that you're on good terms with @Auld-Yin.