first tactical dot com

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by skid2, Jun 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

A question for one and all out there.
    I placed an order from first just over a month ago. No sign of the order and no word from first tactical.
    Anybody else had anything similar from these ones.
    I'm sure there's a perfectly rational reason for this, cards been debited. And before the website disappeared the order was being processed. Guess what at time of typing no website.
  2. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I love this site. there's always somebody knows something
    Many thanks
  3. the registered owner's website doesn't exist either, and the postcode points to the middle of a field. literally.
  4. scammy barstewards
  5. The registered owner's email address is given as a domain that hasn't ever been registered? According to Nominet, at least.

"The Solutions Factory Ltd", appears to be a perfectly legitimate web-design and software company some 140 miles away from the putative location of Mr Hyde (or was that Dr Jeckell?)

Complain to your card provider soonest - if you used a credit rather than a debit card, you should be able to have the payment reversed fairly instantly (although you might have your credit limit temporarily reduced by the amount of your order.) You might need to quote the "Distance Selling Regulations 2000" - if pressed, say you are cancelling the order prior to dispatch and the vendor is not contactable.
  6. These blokes contacted me about some design work.
    It never happened, I was too busy. I may have some contact details, I'll
    have a good look at old e mails.
    In the meantime:
    talk to your card company, they can often cancel this sort of transaction.
    Here's some more info for you:
    First Tactical

Name & Registered Office:
    B50 4QE
    Company No. 06505087
  7. Sorry, deleted the email ages ago.
  8. Of course, this might not be a deliberate scam - the business may have simply got in to trouble or gone bust. There was indeed a "Solutions Factory UK Ltd" based in Broom - it went under Sept last year. No google presence whatsoever, which surprises me but hey ...

None of this changes what skid2 should do though - reverse the card payment and see if he can get whatever he wants / needs somewhere else.
  9. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Appreciate the info and assistance everyone. Ms Skid2 was under the impression that only amounts of £100 and over are covered, as was I. As it happens the bank people couldn't have been more helpful but can do nothing for 30 days from the taking of payment. I 'll chase them up next week and look elsewhere for an autumn fishing dufflecoat.
  10. That's the minimum for having a claim against the credit card company if the goods or services are defective. You're not making a claim, you are asking for a payment to be reversed because of non-delivery. Practically, it's pretty much the same thing but legally a big difference. The 30 days links back to the Distance Selling Regulations. Just to note - if the bank do get stroppy next week, remember there is a big difference between "can't" and "won't". They are currently in "won't" mode.
  11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Good to know.
    Thank you
  12. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

If I knew how to post pms I would. Just to say thanks to one and all.
    30 day limit, bank contacted, story told, bank refunded full amount, no dramas at all.
    Once again,