First step done!:)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Desborough, Jan 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi lads,
    went to my ACO and was congratulated on my first step in joining the army. (Walking into the ACO) Although i have to lose a bit of weight (1 stone Cos im a fat mo' fo') it has more or less made me more determined.

Can anyone suggest a quick effective plan to lose about 1 stone nd a half if not more for that bit extra.

Thanks
    Andrew 8)

2. cut out the beer and kebabs, run more.

3. There is no such thing as a quick and effective plan for losing weight. Eat less. Eat well. And exercise. You fat git. :)

4. and ignore billy bullshitters, oh hi duffdike.

5. Speak to MDN he says hes apparently Kosher...

6. Lol
    Thanks.

See it will be a bit more quick for me seeing as im 16 yes? no?

Already set myself a running reigiem (spelling) Wich involves a 2 mile jog/run/walk:) lol 3 times a week gradually going to 4 times a week

7. If possible son get on a proper diet. Ditch all your burgers etc. Eat fruit veg fish the good stuff. Do not overdo the training but a 5 mile walk daily will knock the pounds off asap. A strict diet can drop you by 2 lbs a week. But you do not want to lose strength. Set a sensible goal and timetable. Keep notes. Monitor your progress. Get a mate to train with. Buy good trainers (not fancy shit). And good luck. The people on this forum have made soldiers out of some very unpromising material :)

8. what do you want to join?

9. What you looking at joining pal?

edit: whoops, just got asked - Ill have to type with more than one finger next time, lol

10. To be honest at the moment im still slightly confused.
    I was thinking driver or an air dispatcher....but i was told i can do better. so im open for options. I was told paras or REME but im not certain.

Andrew :)

11. Depends what sort of GCSEs you looking at getting or have... REME is a good option, Reccy Mech ;) lol

12. Go Armourer in the REME. :wink: :D

13. Armourer's a good choice, if your scared of the sun. LoL.

Note to self: We'll save the banter for some where else... :)

14. Ahh right.

So what are the roles of a
    recy mech
    and an armour mech

15. A Reccy Mech, or Recovery Mechanic has the task of recovering any immobd/disabled/crashed/rolled/f**ked/shagged/knackered/cu*ted vehicle the Army operates, anywhere in the world. You get to work with some quality guys, and 'play' with some big bits of kit, gaining a full license out of it. You can get more info on the ArmyJobs.mod.uk website.