First squaddie in the family

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Glesga_short_bloke, Aug 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before I start, I've got to stress - I'm not talking about the first squaddie in my family, we've been ignoring foreign customs since the 1800's, I mean the first one in the missus family.

Her mothers side is all Paddy (not from 'our bit' but from 'their bit') and altho they're more than happy to come over here and build shoddy building, none have ever taken the shilling. It was always seen as 'someone elses country, someone elses job'.

Until today. Her cousins son passed out as a tanky this morning. I couldn't make it - new boss, no leave! The missus went and I told her "look smart - don't let the G_S_B name down!" (yeah, I know, thats my job!) His paddy nan, paddy mum, paddy dad, paddy aunty and kiwi uncle (?) all turned up in jeans, comfy shoes, sandals and, tbh, looked a sh1t state. I looked at the pics and it pizzed me off - I'm used to seeing blazers, gongs and 2's.

Then I realised, it's not his fault. He seems like a good lad (even tho he looks so young I thought he was wearing Action Man pyjama's) and it's only a matter of time before he starts coming round here for a beer rather than hang around mum - mum won't like his stories.

Just thought I'd share

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Like 'JPA fcuked up my pay, gonna buy me a pint?'