First Sikh member of the Royal Regiment of Scotland?

This photo popped up on my 4 SCOTS feed today. A few Fijians also appeared but I was wondering if this fine chap is the first Sikh to serve in the RRS or indeed in any Scottish regiment?

I believe Sikhs were attached during Victorian times, but never badged as a Scottish soldier.

I posted it on a Scottish Military research page and it was removed after 10 minutes, awaiting an answer as to why...knobbers!

View attachment 347264

ugly

LE
linky no worky

The Jocks have funny hats too so a RRS capbadge shouldn't look too strange on a Sikh turban.
What I find odd is that I can't understand most of what he's saying because it's in a wegie accent !

The Jocks have funny hats too so a RRS capbadge shouldn't look too strange on a Sikh turban.
What I find odd is that I can't understand most of what he's saying because it's in a wegie accent !

Reminds me of the time I spent in Yorkshire as a kid. If you encountered 'a brown person' (as the left-leaning people on here call them, when they're trying to imply that someone is a racist) they always had a broad local accent.

There was this chap in the Scots Guards back in 2012. I remember it was all over the press and even commented on here.

Loads of Sikhs in Scotland. They even have a Singh tartan.

They haven't quite mastered Scottish culture though. Here's a Sikh band playing at Celtic Park. I understand very few of them survived.

I’m impressed the Jocks have got anyone to join...

Loads of Sikhs in Scotland. They even have a Singh tartan.

They haven't quite mastered Scottish culture though. Here's a Sikh band playing at Celtic Park. I understand very few of them survived.

1224359b09918bf40aacac65925f5ff1.jpg

Here's a gentleman with the Lorne Scots of Canada in kilt, along with cadets from the Royal Military College of Canada. Too bad that the Lorne doesn't also have the yellow hackle that the Lornes got from the Lancashire Fusiliers in 1959 when they were amalgamated.