First Sergeant Offers some Pearls of Wisdom

OK, we've all been there. (Well, maybe not Red Shift) What do you say to a female junior about wear and appearance of the Army uniform? (AR 670-1; your instructions might be different if you're on the east side of the pond) :? I always told my scrotes that they should always strive for a neat and soldierly appearance, and anything less was Unsat and was guaranteed to put them on my hit parade.(Dick duties, etc.) How do you tell a female soldier to wear a bra though? "Wear a bra, Toots - them puppies are hanging down around your knees?" Here's some thoughts from one Top Kick:

Can a platoon sgt tell a female soldier that she is required to wear a bra when in civilians?
SPC (Join to see)

I am a female in the army current on rotation over seas. I was just told by my team leader that my platoon Sgt (female) told him that I need to start wearing a bra while off duty. in the clothes that I wear, you can't see my nipple or even the color of my nipple nor do I wear revealing or low cut shirts. At the most, you can just see that I am simply not wearing one. Nowhere in any reg does it say it’s required not even in uniform. Can she tell me to do so?

SFC (Join to see)
Posted 4 mo ago
SPC (Join to see), it's completely subjective and interpretive really. AR 670-1, paragraph 3-9 outlines the rules for wearing civilian clothing. Whether we like it or not, the Army does regulate what we can wear off duty outside of our home. However, it uses statements such as "subject to local regulations" and "will present a professional image". Those are interpretive statements and are difficult to disagree with. We, as RP members, don't know the local policies for your duty station. Your chain of command does.

RP isn't the place to get an answer on this topic. You'll just get opinions that are irrelevant to your chain of command. You really only have two options:

1. Comply and accept that it's a priority for this particular PSG. Ultimately, this will save you a lot of grief for your remaining time in that unit.

2. Continue to disagree and have a professional discussion with your PSG about your concerns. If you feel that your PSG is being completely unreasonable then you're always able to use the open door policy for your 1SG.

With that said, I highly suggest keeping this issue at the lowest level possible. You must weigh the pro's and con's of this fight. Is it really worth the effort? These are only questions you can answer.

Best of luck.

1SG Lyle Gerber
3 mo
In my units as a PSG and a 1SG I let ALL of my soldiers know that when on duty they will wear the prescribed uniform of the day IAW AR 670-1 with the exception of motor stables where the section sgts had the authority to "dress Down" depending weather, BUT females needed to wear their under garments (Bras) when on duty, this assisted in the minimization of the gawking and/or revealing posture when the blouse was removed for work details and motor stables also when the "uniform is Civie's as in attending conferences and other official function while in a duty status, appropriate undergarments would be worn, as for off duty, It was of no matter nor concern how my soldiers dressed as long as there was no flashing of private parts observed. To me sometimes it is hard to tell if some ladies wore bras or not and in actually I never gawked or pried into their private's in that manner, unless you are a voyeur and gawker with other miscreant thoughts.

Sad Sack Platoon -2.PNG

This seems like a tricky subject, and trying to console a female soldier in her downtime as a male seems like a losing scenario. But pissing off the platoon mama is a great way to end up on a variety of interesting shit details. She just needs to up her sham shield game.

1566330552699.png

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Does the OP only have the one Nipple as she keeps referring to it in the singular? I feel before we pass judgement photos of Nipple or Nipples should be made available for perusal.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It seems Sousa was aware of this issue. I shall never be able to listen to this in quite the same way again:

Really the Platoon Sgt female needs to, .........errrrr......., man up and tell the soldier herself if she has an issue with it. And, it should not be a case of telling, more sort of giving some female to female advice.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Really the Platoon Sgt female needs to, .........errrrr......., man up and tell the soldier herself if she has an issue with it. And, it should not be a case of telling, more sort of giving some female to female advice.
Or even some lezzer action from the village of Much Munching-on-the-Rug.

He is lying........
Of course he is.

Bra's aside, there is nothing like a set of well formed buttocks encased in a tight, sprayed on pair of lightweights.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Of course he is.

Bra's aside, there is nothing like a set of well formed buttocks encased in a tight, sprayed on pair of lightweights.
And I bet the women don't look too bad either!

Of course he is.

and a 'lumpy jumper' Jersey HW even made Mrs Devex's "assets" look impressive (they are perfectly formed but not particularly big (two rugrats worth of enlargement has improved things considerably) and, no, there are no photos. Or at least there are no photos that are going to be shown to you bunch of perverts)

and a 'lumpy jumper' Jersey HW even made Mrs Devex's "assets" look impressive (they are perfectly formed but not particularly big (two rugrats worth of enlargement has improved things considerably) and, no, there are no photos. Or at least there are no photos that are going to be shown to you bunch of perverts)

Wouldn't that just qualify as charity work??

I mean honestly 90 percent of the forum is to old to really do anything anyways!

Photo or never happened
I'm not putting pics of the sainted Mrs D on here - we have two kids so it 'happened' at least twice and they have both turned out normal, well adjusted human beings - mainly by having nothing to do with the Army!

Wouldn't that just qualify as charity work??

I mean honestly 90 percent of the forum is to old to really do anything anyways!
You know those tablets are available nowadays,...............so a friend told me.

Latest Threads