First Reservist completes RAPTC Instructors Course.

First Reservist and oldest bloke (47) to do so.

Well done that man.

watchandshoot1

Old-Salt
First Reservist and oldest bloke (47) to do so.

Well done that man.

For the uninitiated, could someone explain what is involved in the instructor course? Was it a specific reserve course or did he just attend a full reg course?

I only ask because as RMR we have plenty of blokes capable if instructing on PTI courses. I presume this is a different beast to what I'm used to?

Of course well done to the man, who must be in very good shape, not only compared to his peers but to blokes two decades his junior.

For the uninitiated, could someone explain what is involved in the instructor course? Was it a specific reserve course or did he just attend a full reg course?

I only ask because as RMR we have plenty of blokes capable if instructing on PTI courses. I presume this is a different beast to what I'm used to?

Of course well done to the man, who must be in very good shape, not only compared to his peers but to blokes two decades his junior.
Given it says "First Reservist to complete" I think its safe to say it was the Regular course. Snowie had already passed the Reservist course; not sure to which level.

Good effort. But I don't think he was the first.
That happened in late-ish 2014 (another Rifleman) but AM&C couldn't be arsed to cover it.

Bosscat

War Hero
Is this course different nowadays to say 25 ish years ago? Only asking as we had two PTI's in B coy 4 PARA way back then.

snowy was intermediate level ta prior to the course. I and many others still think he should not be allowed near anything that goes bang or has the potential to.

Last edited:
Is this course different nowadays to say 25 ish years ago? Only asking as we had two PTI's in B coy 4 PARA way back then.
This is the *Regular* course, not a TA Intermediate etc..

Bosscat

War Hero
Righto, if I may be so thick, if you get to wear the crossed swords,what's the difference? Is it longer?

A quarter of a century! Blimey, is any course the same after that length of time? This is the six-week Regular course.

The point that isn't really being made by AM&C is that the barrier to Reservists doing the Regular RAPTCI course is, and always was, purely artificial and ultimately indefensible. The only reason Reserves couldn't do the course was because Regulars said they couldn't, even if the Reservist could spare the time. I don't think its ever been about anything else.

There are countless other examples of this kind of blinkered, bureaucratic horseshit. Well done the RAPTC for realising it.

Righto, if I may be so thick, if you get to wear the crossed swords,what's the difference? Is it longer?
No idea if the cutlasses are of different lengths but any course I've been on does not have different badges for Regular and Reserve qualifications.

For example:

Isn't this missing the point? Yes, he's passed the course (and very well done), but is he not now the first Reservist to be IN the RAPTC?

With more to follow.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Isn't this missing the point? Yes, he's passed the course (and very well done), but is he not now the first Reservist to be IN the RAPTC?

With more to follow.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I would have thought that this is the standard All Arms one, as the Class One Probabationers course for guys/girls transferring to RAPTC is around 6 months long I think.

spaz

LE

With more to follow.
No you mongoloid he's just passed a PTI course.

To be fair the course title should have been 'Bloke goes on course, passes course'.

I for one am super-hyped about this development.

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads