First Posting Problems

My problem is I am based at 1RSME Chatham and will be heading off to 39 Kinloss within the next few months. I currently live in single accommodation but I am married and live with my wife in a relatives rented home in Cambridgeshire. I know that usually you have to pay for your first move into Family accommodation but i have been quoted up to £1000 for a van to move my furniture up to Kinloss and I don't think i will be able to afford it. I am unable to rent a van and drive myself because I do not meet the requirements for renting a van. Is there anything the army can do to help in this situation?
Thanks in advance.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
My problem is I am based at 1RSME Chatham and will be heading off to 39 Kinloss within the next few months. I currently live in single accommodation but I am married and live with my wife in a relatives rented home in Cambridgeshire. I know that usually you have to pay for your first move into Family accommodation but i have been quoted up to £1000 for a van to move my furniture up to Kinloss and I don't think i will be able to afford it. I am unable to rent a van and drive myself because I do not meet the requirements for renting a van. Is there anything the army can do to help in this situation?
Thanks in advance.

Try these: http://www.aff.org.uk/army_family_life/housing/moving_in_moving_out.htm

I know it yatters on about FTOD and Moving Out, but there might be some links on their pages that are helpful

@plant_life Do you know anyone who knows anyone that can help him out?

Unfortunately not. I don't know of anybody in Chatham MT and my last contact in MT at 39 left before Christmas. My suggestion would be for @Fowler92 to find a relative who is old enough to rent a van to do so and drive up, with them in the passenger seats. It will make the unloading a bit easier at the end as well.

Latest Threads