First post..

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by sandhujatt, Aug 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. My first post on this site but I need some advice on joining the INT Corps. I've recently finished university and in search of a career path. I'm currently in a bit of a dillema as i've been going through the officer and regular path. I went on a fam visit at the royal signals last week and enjoyed it, at the beggining of the next month I have a recruit selection day with the INT Corps and was wondering if anybody could enlighten me as to what I would be putting myself in for as its all very secretive. The other question I have is a general one. I am a British asian and throughout the whole of my time I've seen few and far between, this does not bother me but is this prominent through the army or am I just missing them?? Any help would be appreciated. Avtar.

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Have a look through the recruiting threads in the 'sticky' section above and you will get some insights.

Whilst British Asians are a minority in the Army, they are very welcome, as are members of every ethnic group: your ethnicity will not have any effect on the recruiting process.

3. Have read through cpunk. thanks for the advice. I've noticed that everybody's quite welcoming. it wouldn't actually bother me if i was the only british asian in the entire army it's just i've noticed there aren't very many.

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I think it's probably fair to say that British Asians are under-represented in the Armed Forces in proportion to the size of the population but you won't be the only one! :D

5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I'd guess you'd be noticed more for the fact that you can construct sentences, using spelling and punctuation. You started off well, anyway, althouh I do note a slight relaxation of standards ... :wink:

Good luck, and don't think about the race aspect. We don't.

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

So near... and yet so far! God hates pedants. :D

7. blue-sophist

AAAARRRGGGHHH !
    :oops:
    :D
    :D

8. Lol. Thanks blue_sophist. I'll bare in mind to make good use of my literacy skills!

9. blue-sophist

I do hope that was a typo for "bear", or a joke ... :wink:

10. Would you have any advice on the MLAT? Or anywhere where I would be able to get information from?

11. That would destroy the credibility of the test wouldn't it? The idea is that you just rock up and do it. Do a search of arrse-there are loads of posts about MLAT-I know, I put a fair proportion of them there (along with Perevodchik)

12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Again, it's somwhere in the sticky thread. It's an aptitude test and not something you can prepare for: don't worry about it, 'failing' it is not a deal-breaker.

13. Have you tried Google or Wikipedia? :roll:

14. I guess i'm just trying to research and collate as much information as possible so I can be preapred as possible. Thanks for all the advice guys.

15. MLAT is standard across the board in regards to civi street as well, so try google, just try to get higher than 27%........ :(