First post..

#1
Hi all. My first post on this site but I need some advice on joining the INT Corps. I've recently finished university and in search of a career path. I'm currently in a bit of a dillema as i've been going through the officer and regular path. I went on a fam visit at the royal signals last week and enjoyed it, at the beggining of the next month I have a recruit selection day with the INT Corps and was wondering if anybody could enlighten me as to what I would be putting myself in for as its all very secretive. The other question I have is a general one. I am a British asian and throughout the whole of my time I've seen few and far between, this does not bother me but is this prominent through the army or am I just missing them?? Any help would be appreciated. Avtar.
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#2
Have a look through the recruiting threads in the 'sticky' section above and you will get some insights.

Whilst British Asians are a minority in the Army, they are very welcome, as are members of every ethnic group: your ethnicity will not have any effect on the recruiting process.
 
#3
Have read through cpunk. thanks for the advice. I've noticed that everybody's quite welcoming. it wouldn't actually bother me if i was the only british asian in the entire army it's just i've noticed there aren't very many.
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#4
sandhujatt said:
Have read through cpunk. thanks for the advice. I've noticed that everybody's quite welcoming. it wouldn't actually bother me if i was the only british asian in the entire army it's just i've noticed there aren't very many.
I think it's probably fair to say that British Asians are under-represented in the Armed Forces in proportion to the size of the population but you won't be the only one! :D
 
#5
I'd guess you'd be noticed more for the fact that you can construct sentences, using spelling and punctuation. You started off well, anyway, althouh I do note a slight relaxation of standards ... :wink:

Good luck, and don't think about the race aspect. We don't.
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#6
blue_sophist said:
I'd guess you'd be noticed more for the fact that you can construct sentences, using spelling and punctuation. You started off well, anyway, althouh I do note a slight relaxation of standards ... :wink:

Good luck, and don't think about the race aspect. We don't.
So near... and yet so far! God hates pedants. :D
 
#7
cpunk said:
blue_sophist said:
I'd guess you'd be noticed more for the fact that you can construct sentences, using spelling and punctuation. You started off well, anyway, although I do note a slight relaxation of standards ... :wink:

Good luck, and don't think about the race aspect. We don't.
So near... and yet so far! God hates pedants. :D
AAAARRRGGGHHH !
:oops:
:D
:D
 
#11
sandhujatt said:
Would you have any advice on the MLAT? Or anywhere where I would be able to get information from?
That would destroy the credibility of the test wouldn't it? The idea is that you just rock up and do it. Do a search of arrse-there are loads of posts about MLAT-I know, I put a fair proportion of them there (along with Perevodchik)
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#12
sandhujatt said:
Would you have any advice on the MLAT? Or anywhere where I would be able to get information from?
Again, it's somwhere in the sticky thread. It's an aptitude test and not something you can prepare for: don't worry about it, 'failing' it is not a deal-breaker.
 
#16
blue_sophist said:
using spelling and punctuation. You started off well, anyway, althouh I do note a slight relaxation of standards ... :wink:
.
Was that a Test Blue? or did you spell ALTHOUGH incorrect as an example :D Just say "Yes" and well done
 
#17
and another thread degenerates into a Nazi spelling bee :)

spunky, can we design an "F7" tag to go along with the OT tag? lol

i nominate perevodchik as the first holder. especially as his command of the english language after a few beers is rather lower than his grasp of the written word :)

sandhujatt - you'll be fine. as somebody far wiser has already said - don't worry about the fact you're asian; we won't.
 
#18
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
sandhujatt - you'll be fine. as somebody far wiser has already said - don't worry about the fact you're asian; we won't.
That was me ... does that compensate for my typo that "freeway" noticed about 2 weeks after "cpunk" ?

Meanwhile, F7 appears to "Turn on caret browsing", so I won't bother with that.

"Sandhujatt", you are seeing a classic example of what life in ANY of the Services will be ... :lol:

"Acuraccy" is everything, especially when peoples' well-being is involved! 8)
 
#19
When OPMI Johnny Lance Jack has a masters degree in Strategic and Defence Studies, a degree in Global Affairs, and his mate is LCpl Dr *******, friends with Cpl Dr *******, both of whom are commanded by a junior officer with a Desmond in Media Studies - I think we can surmise that educational qualifications don't carry much weight in the Army. JRs with degrees and more in the Int Corps are all over the place.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top