First Peoples Win One Victory as Mountain in Yellowstone National Park is renamed to erase Army Officer Indian Massacre Link

Considering humanity's bloody history, and Asiatic appearance of many native American people, what evidence do you have that you are 'The First People' and not just invaders who came over the ice bridge between what is now Russia, and Alaska, and did not drive out who was already there ( and who may also, at one time, have also been interlopers?)
It's cool. We were first. There was nobody walking around besides these bozos.
2022-06-11 (2).png

Yeah, that's about the long and short of it.
Unlikely in the extreme, but in the absence of evidence to the contrary at this time....
That really is what human tribes do, seek to be the one's with opposing thumbs left standing because nature/survival demands it, or else.

Last edited:
Why not a name in an Indian language?
In Piegan Blackfoot?
Perhaps, because the people whom the Piegan Blackfeet may have taken it off would object?

The Comanche nation had the same mindset as the Matabele in Africa, don't just steal another tribe's land, wipe them out so that they don't make trouble later. The Comanche nearly genocided the Apache, and the Matabele about wiped out the Bushmen in what is now Zimbabwe.

Humans are top of the food chain, having got there over the bodies of every other species, and a lot of humans too.

You really don’t have a clue.
Indians were killing each other long before the First Viking set foot on North America. They would commit atrocities against other tribes without blinking an eye.

It's reckoned that because of artifacts found, Europeans may have visited North America long before the Vikings or the Indians,

How about naming it after....

View attachment 669703
As much as I enjoyed Marion's acting, during his hey-day, I still say no and a thousand times no for renaming the Yellowstone feature after him because of his Playboy interview of 1971. He takes too much upon himself to say the "Indians" were "selfish" in holding on to their land.

John Wayne quote About Indians.JPG

Alas that I have only one like to give.

I kniw it's an old-ish book now, and in many areas has been superceded in scholarship, but I've just finished Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee. America, White America, the USA, whatever really does have some shameful shit in it's past.
ARRSE retort.jpg

History is not a morality tale and it doesn't need to be justified. It needs to be accurately recorded and understood without people becoming hysterical.
Quite correct.

and the Matabele about wiped out the Bushmen in what is now Zimbabwe.
I think the Shona about wiped the bushmen in Zimbabwe. The Matabele were in turn giving the good news to the Shona from 1836 until 1890 when the whitey's of the British South Africa Company pioneer column stoped play. Bobby M and the Shona of 5th Brigade resumed play in 1983. Somewhat ironic that the Shona and Matabele were whinging about the whites stealing their land when they stole it from the bushmen.

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
I think the Shona about wiped the bushmen in Zimbabwe. The Matabele were in turn giving the good news to the Shona from 1836 until 1890 when the whitey's of the British South Africa Company pioneer column stoped play. Bobby M and the Shona of 5th Brigade resumed play in 1983. Somewhat ironic that the Shona and Matabele were whinging about the whites stealing their land when they stole it from the bushmen.

One of John Edmond's absolute masterpieces ...

Tool

LE
EVERYONE else in Southern Africa tried to wipe out the "Bushmen", regarding them as vermin. Just Whitey kept records.

You really don’t have a clue.
Indians were killing each other long before the First Viking set foot on North America. They would commit atrocities against other tribes without blinking an eye.
Hey, hey, HEY. Do you mind? This is a private quarrel. You Europeans get back on your long canoes and paddle back to where you came from. We've got bidness with the tribe over the hill and we don't need your help.

racial-fighting-indians-A672JA.jpg
Two-Indians-fighting-Frederic-Remington-1903-275.jpg

Hey, hey, HEY. Do you mind? This is a private quarrel. You Europeans get back on your long canoes and paddle back to where you came from. We've got bidness with the tribe over the hill and we don't need your help.

View attachment 674765View attachment 674766
My round eye ancestors managed to carry on with the natives, and marry a few. To say we are mud bloods would be an understatement. But if you are Blackfoot you are screwed around here!

Latest Threads