First Openly Gay General in the U.S. Military

Discussion in 'US' started by redshift, Aug 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Isn't that cute?? :)

[​IMG]

She's in the army reserves. Who cares, she is serving her country - that's what matters.Should get a few right wing republicans frothing at their mouths!

Smith becomes first gay general officer to serve openly - News - Stripes

Do you Brits have any gay generals who've come out of the closet in recent years?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well as long as she's good enough for the position and hasn't been promoted just because she's a lesbian does it matter?

3. Reading her Army bio (not yet updated as to new rank and assignment) she holds a reserve commission but is, and has been for most if not all of her career a full time active duty reserve officer. Looking at the bio I noted a Bronze Star and Combat Action Badge.

Leadership - Smith Tammy (US Army Reserve)

Best of luck to her in her new duties.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It does, apparently - according to the folk who opposed the repeal of don't ask, don't tell.

5. but does she have naked pics!

Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE app

• Like Like x 1
  6. fu2

fu2 LE

Why do rug munchers always have short hair ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. So it doesn't stick Velcro-like to the hairy inside thighs of their lovers!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Where's the female partner then?

• Like Like x 5
  9. This will be a terrible blow to moral. All those closeted Colonel's swishing about and a lady beats them to it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seems some care enough to start a thread on it.

11. She looks quiet proud standing there with her brother , I`d soon straighten her out...if I`d got two bags with me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. To go off on a tangent a bit but is it PC to refer to her as gay?

If she is a member of the LBGT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) fraternity then she must then be the first openly lesbian general?

Not up on my bender nomenclature TBH but thought it mildly interesting in a not interersting at all really sort of way as to what these perverts (sorry I meant "other oriented") define themselves as.

13. Not so sure she is gay, but she does look quite jolly.

14. I wonder who will be the first openly onanist general in the United States? That would be a pretty stiff competition.

• Like Like x 3
  15. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

There are already some seriously onanist high-level politicians in the US. Why bother about generals?