First move or not

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dogguk, Jun 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i recently arrived from a posting back to unit requiring a house for my family, this is my first move into service family accomadation. Although when i got married my wife moved into my private address, for whichi have the removal receipts. The question i'm asking is would i be entiled to disturbance allowance for moving into my pad. I have heard that when my wife moved into my address this would be classed as our first move, having approached the admin staff they cannot give me a definate answer. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Surprised your admin office were not able to give you a definitive answer, as it is quite a simple question which they should have heard many times. Your wife moving into your house does not count as a move.
  3. If you are moving into a quarter as a result of your posting, then yes you are entitled. If you are doing it mid-assignment then no you are not entitled.

There is no first setting up of home required anymore :D
  4. Thanks for the advice much appreciated, the reason they can't be very helpfull is due to the fact that i got posted back in April, but due to ongoing medical issues with my daughter my family had to remain where they were, me thinks thats why they weren't helpful.
  5. So if you are assigned to a unit and it is the first move that you have done after, lets say marriage, you get the full ish, or if you are married whilst in trg and you get assigned, again, you are entitled to the full ish, is that correct??

Obviously Mid Assignment moves are out unless supported by a DE letter ordering you to move.

Last move being covered under the final tour of duty package, please clear up the first move thing.

6. Thank you very much for the advice, fancy a job in my unit LOL. Once again thanks
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Not sure of the fuss, if the Army moves you somewhere and your family go with you they pay, end of.