First Lottery Results of 2006

So what do we all think of the first lottery results of 2006 - assuming we have all seen them ? Few surprises in there moreso on the amount they have decided to take into the shoulder pip brigade.

Piglet_Files said:
So what do we all think of the first lottery results of 2006 - assuming we have all seen them ? Few surprises in there moreso on the amount they have decided to take into the shoulder pip brigade.
Or those they left out.

Piglet_Files said:
Surely the last lottery results of 2006, or first results of 2007?

Congratulations to all those selected, even the interloper!

Obviously the results mean the announcement due 2 weeks today only has one contender....................................

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Piglet_Files said:

Obviously the results mean the announcement due 2 weeks today only has one contender....................................
Really? How do you do your maths...?

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Piglet_Files said:

You never know, there may be a surprise for one of those who did not remove their name from the lottery with the hope there are more suitable people to fill said position!!!! ! It is never a foregone conclusion!

Scorptin said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Piglet_Files said:

You never know, there may be a surprise for one of those who did not remove their name from the lottery with the hope there are more suitable people to fill said position!!!! ! It is never a foregone conclusion!
I for one am looking forward to the announcement of the new "Big Badge" - Sadly I am not running a book on it but if anyone out there that is - then publish the current odds please !!! :)

Just like to post my congratulations to those selected. Who says we ain't an equal opportunity employer, there's a dwarf and a suspiciously well groomed individual amongst that lot!! :)

TheRealSlimShady said:
Just like to post my congratulations to those selected. Who says we ain't an equal opportunity employer, there's a dwarf and a suspiciously well groomed individual amongst that lot!! :)
Hahahahaha!
And the first time that little bloke takes the new rank slide off his uniform, he'll put it down somewhere and forget where he left it.

Slightly_Nasty said:
TheRealSlimShady said:
Hahahahaha!
And the first time that little bloke takes the new rank slide off his uniform, he'll put it down somewhere and forget where he left it.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!! Spilled Me Coffee you bastid!

Just supposing.....

You were a WO1 (I'm not by the way!) in an RSMs appointment and you weren't selected for commission or the CRSM slot, what can they do with you? Were do you go next, assuming you have a couple of years before your 22?

roseandpose said:
Just supposing.....

You were a WO1 (I'm not by the way!) in an RSMs appointment and you weren't selected for commission or the CRSM slot, what can they do with you? Were do you go next, assuming you have a couple of years before your 22?
A touchy subject R&P, lets not get involved in this one!

roseandpose said:
Just supposing.....

Continue networking like fcuk, but there is more than an off-chance you might get Commissioned with less than 6 months to serve. * As an RSM you are being given the unique privilege of being able to continue to represent all your soldiers' views directly to the CO. In turbulent times like these the soldiers , and perhaps their families, and even some in the Bde and Directorate will appreciate haveing some continuity in their chain of command. Particularly when you may have a CO that has never served in an MI Bn before :!: :oops:

Officer's will ignore you at their peril and so does the CO. ( they know you have the ear of the Corps RSM)

<< Mr Sonic the Director just told me about your thoughts on......< fill in blank>... and I think that's a great idea.....>>

Personally, I can't understand why you would want to rush to give that away? The big badge is the most exclusive club in the world, why would you want to give it away in a hurry for a mere 2 or 3 pips? Your annual 1* Commissioning interviews will become a doddle and you'll get better write ups.

CRA Land said said:
" Mr Sonic its been absolutely fascinating speaking to you again this year. I've even learned something about doing these interviews. .......I really enjoy these talks we have" **
Your pension will be a bit better and you might even end up a better officer for it :wink:

*and I should know!!
** Having explained what an ATS was, I nearly crashed the car coming out of amesbury the next day when I saw him drive past a certain blue panel van whilst M** S****** was walking the other way :lol:

It wasn't all that long ago when a Corps Razza didn't get his commission, but then again he was a darksider! It was even more recent when a Bn RSM didn't get his and had 2 years left to serve. The solution to his problem was simple, a posting to Chicksands. Thus his RSM was the Corps RSM, who was senior to him anyway. Of course that wouldn't solve the problem now as we currently have 20 RSM slots in Chickers................

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
It wasn't all that long ago when a Corps Razza didn't get his commission, but then again he was a darksider! It was even more recent when a Bn RSM didn't get his and had 2 years left to serve. The solution to his problem was simple, a posting to Chicksands. Thus his RSM was the Corps RSM, who was senior to him anyway. Of course that wouldn't solve the problem now as we currently have 20 RSM slots in Chickers................
That many..........Almost enough to have a Platoon.