First it was the pasty tax - now it's the five side game

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bitterandtwisted, Jul 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

All part of Cameron's plan to increase sports participation. Scripted by the writers of 2012.

2. Franchise, takeovers, and taxed leisure. Revenue and tax generation. Not great News is it. I hadn't realised that the usual private opportunists were buying up pitches with the usual high charging for their use. The problem is that as private companies they have to pay VAT. And lazy, disinterested local government will contract out. We need charities and local councils to offer more such facilities and challenge private monopolies. Next, some berk in a company T shirt will be asking us to pay for parking or taking a dump. O hang on...

3. I wonder if they sit up all night planning and making a list of new things which can be taxed...it's pathetic if true.

Someone posted this comment elsewhere, I have no idea about UK taxation so:

Five-a-side football to be charged VAT: Q&A - Telegraph

4. To me its madness. One bellend whinging from govt about how high the NHS bill is due to obesity is. Then the culture secretary taxing sport for the people whom are economically likely to be obese, the poor people, which due to low income which inturn leads to poorer diet.