first interview

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by calvinmcgowan, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi this is my first post im 16 i got my first interview soon on my letter on the bottem it said bring your 1.5mile run time ? when do i need to do the 1.5mile run do i do it my self and bring it to the interview ?? please help me :(
  2. Get a taxi to drop you off 1.5 miles from where you are having the interview and then run the rest of the way ensuring you time yourself. This will guarentee that the time is fresh in your mind and will also impress on the interviewer how keen you are.
  3. Hmmmmmm. I'd imagine that you need to do the run sometime before the interview????

You should probably do the run yourself, as getting someone else to do it may be classed as cheating??

I'd imagine making a note of the time is a good idea, and yes, take it to the interview.
  4. How long till this gets locked?
  5. Just take along the stopwatch you use as proof of your 1.5 mile run.
  6. It's important that the test is run in a certain way:

Run 15 miles from your house. Then note the time.
    Run 15 miles back to your house. Note the time again.
    You are allowed 2 minutes between the two runs.

Now take time a and divide by 10. Do the same with time b.

Then make a mean average (add them together and divide by 2). Take this time to the recruiting office.

Ignore this lot of "funny people".

Hope this helps.
  7. I thought it was

Run 30
    Run 30

divide by 20, well thats how I did it.
  8. But Stiffy is a STAB, and therefore only has half the commitment ;)
  9. Don't listen to these wind up merchants young feller.

16 you say? Are you pretty? You should run around to my house ... that's about 1.5 miles.
  10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Enough you horrors! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.