first interview/ formal interview

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by craigt, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im just wondering what this is going to entail as don't want to turn up looking like a thick shit lol any help would be great full
  2. i dont understand posts like this, my AFCO told me evrything about what is required of me in every step of the application proccess. why dont you ask ur recruiter? and dont you get an info booklet or somet? its just basic questions on why you want tp be a soldier etc, just like any other job interview they'll ask you questions which relate to the role you are applying for.

3. My recruiter also gave me a wealth of information relating to my interview. I'll see if I can help ....
    You need to pay attention to current affairs (read Ministry of Defence news, BBC, The Guardian etc) ; you need to know where your basic training will take place (the location for all of the phases of your basic training), how long it'll be for and what is involved. You need to know as much as possible about your 3 job choices. You need to know all of the countries that the British Army is currently deployed in (see this link and then of course the usual questions about what your strengths are and why they would suit the army; what you have to offer the army, why you have chosen to join the army.
  4. Pretty much the above, also make sure you know the Army's policies on drugs misuse, alcohol, terms of service etc.
  5. And, I forgot to mention the 3 page document your recruitment officer will have given you about A British Soldier's Values and Standards. Make sure you read it!
  6. Done a hundred times, use the search function!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.