First Four Canadians Award Valour Awards From Afghan

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by wotan, Oct 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On 27 October 2006, four Canadian Soldiers were award valour decorations for their actions in combat in Afghanistan. These are the first Canadian soldiers to be awarded Canadian valour decorations for their service in Afghanistan and is also the first time these awards have been presented since their creation in the early 1990s.

Sgt Patrick Tower was awarded the Star Of Military Valour, while Sgt Michael Denine, Master Corporal Colin Fitzgerald and Pte Jason Lamont were each awarded the Medal of Miltary Valour. More can be found out about these men and their awards at if folks are interested.

The Star Of Military Valour comes after only the Victoria Cross and Star Of Valour in the listing of Canadian valour awards.

All the above info, including names has been released by DND and is in the public domain, hence no PERSEC issues.

Fantastic work by each of these soldiers.

* Edited as an American keeps stealing the "u" from Valour. That or my fingers are rebelling again as I type.
  2. Good on 'em.
  3. .and a superb speech by Her Exellency the GG
  4. Congratulations to all the Canadian troops receiving decorations, well deserved!
  5. The presentations for the awards were made yesterday, 19 Feb 07 at Rideau Hall (the Governor General's official residence). Video of the presentations along with the actual citations for each can be found at (the Governor General's website).

A newsreport today quotes Sgt Tower, responding to a query about his award, saying "I just did my job". Given that his award, the Star Of Military Valour is second only to the VC, humble words indeed. BZ to all.
  6. Top stuff!

Massive respect to all concerned
  7. Congratulations to all, well deserved and a fine speech.
  8. Outstanding, well deserved