First Football Manager Casualty of 2007 Season

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by slipperman, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS! Carlisle Utd sack their manager Neil McDonald "for football differences" as the Board has lost confidence in his ability as a manager.
    Not a bad start to the season: P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 Pts 1.
    Is this some sort of a record? :x

2. It cant be football related after finishing in the highest league position last season (i believe) and drawing his first game. Hope he wasnt playing away with the Chairmans missus :roll:

3. Iron,
    The CUFC unofficial website is suggesting exactly that - perhaps not with the Chairmans other half, but possibly with an un-named female within the club. If true, I hope she was worth it! :cyclopsani:

PS: Out highest ever league position was top of the old Div 1 (pre-Premier League days) when we were top of the League after winning our first 3 games. If memory serves me right, we only won another 1 all season and finished next to bottom (only Luton below us). Happy days!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Didnt the Chairman see UFO's?

5. That was the chairman about 3 back - Michael Knighton. A complete c*ck who also tried to buy Man Utd at one time - you may remember him making a c+nt of himself playing "keepy-uppy" with the ball on the pitch before a game at Old Trafford?
    Hopefully he has now been abducted by Aliens and never crosses the Cumbrian border again. :x

6. Not sure. Steve Claridge got sacked from Millwall after 20 odd days... don't think they even played a game during that period (summer)

7. Bloody hell Carlisle might of won something at last, Are they in the record books Slipperman :?

8. They have 'won' relegation a few times IRON :D

9. The record belongs to Leroy Rosinior, who took charge of (Bristol City I think, but don't quote me) 20 mins before a boardroom takeover and was promptly sacked. 20 mins in charge of a club

10. I think Leeds will beat everyone to that this year mate, well youve got to hope :D

I didnt realise Carlisle had a football ground, I thought it was a load of dockers kicking a tin can round the port on a Saturday afternoon. :D

11. Didn't it float away in them floods a couple of years back?

12. Yes it was Leroy Rosenior but it was ten minutes and Torquay FC who dispensed with his services.

I expect he barely had time to decide where to put his League Cup losers' medal in his office...

[align=center][​IMG]

"Job? What job?" [/align]

13. Many thanks cuddles for correcting that.

14. Nice to see the inevitable slagging off has begun! :D

I remember in the 2003 Season travelling up the M1 to Scunthorpe for a midweek League 2 game (I was serving in the Midlands at the time) and I was meeting up with a mate in Donny to take him to the game. He's a Donny supporter, so wanted to go and see a real football match!
    The match was called off about half an hour before kick off due to bad weather (Fog & ice I think), but I reckoned it was because Scunny didn't have any floodlights installed or couldn't afford the leccy bill!
    Anyway, great to see you in the Championship this season and I hope you do the small clubs proud.

15. Cheers for the support and dont worry all 5000 of us loyal supporters gave a tenners worth of 50 pence pieces each to help out with the electric meter. A point away at Charlton (Championship favourites) for the first game is great. Come on the IRON