First Football Manager Casualty of 2007 Season

FFS! Carlisle Utd sack their manager Neil McDonald "for football differences" as the Board has lost confidence in his ability as a manager.
Not a bad start to the season: P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 Pts 1.
Is this some sort of a record? :x

slipperman said:
FFS! Carlisle Utd sack their manager Neil McDonald "for football differences" as the Board has lost confidence in his ability as a manager.
It cant be football related after finishing in the highest league position last season (i believe) and drawing his first game. Hope he wasnt playing away with the Chairmans missus :roll:

The_IRON said:
slipperman said:
It cant be football related after finishing in the highest league position last season (i believe) and drawing his first game. Hope he wasnt playing away with the Chairmans missus :roll:
Iron,
The CUFC unofficial website is suggesting exactly that - perhaps not with the Chairmans other half, but possibly with an un-named female within the club. If true, I hope she was worth it! :cyclopsani:

PS: Out highest ever league position was top of the old Div 1 (pre-Premier League days) when we were top of the League after winning our first 3 games. If memory serves me right, we only won another 1 all season and finished next to bottom (only Luton below us). Happy days!

ugly said:
Didnt the Chairman see UFO's?
That was the chairman about 3 back - Michael Knighton. A complete c*ck who also tried to buy Man Utd at one time - you may remember him making a c+nt of himself playing "keepy-uppy" with the ball on the pitch before a game at Old Trafford?
Hopefully he has now been abducted by Aliens and never crosses the Cumbrian border again. :x

slipperman said:
Not sure. Steve Claridge got sacked from Millwall after 20 odd days... don't think they even played a game during that period (summer)

Social_Handgrenade said:
slipperman said:
Not sure. Steve Claridge got sacked from Millwall after 20 odd days... don't think they even played a game during that period (summer)
Bloody hell Carlisle might of won something at last, Are they in the record books Slipperman :?

Social_Handgrenade said:
slipperman said:
The record belongs to Leroy Rosinior, who took charge of (Bristol City I think, but don't quote me) 20 mins before a boardroom takeover and was promptly sacked. 20 mins in charge of a club

heidtheba said:
They have 'won' relegation a few times IRON :D
I think Leeds will beat everyone to that this year mate, well youve got to hope :D

I didnt realise Carlisle had a football ground, I thought it was a load of dockers kicking a tin can round the port on a Saturday afternoon. :D

The_IRON said:
heidtheba said:
They have 'won' relegation a few times IRON :D
I think Leeds will beat everyone to that this year mate, well youve got to hope :D

I didnt realise Carlisle had a football ground, I thought it was a load of dockers kicking a tin can round the port on a Saturday afternoon. :D
Didn't it float away in them floods a couple of years back?

Yes it was Leroy Rosenior but it was ten minutes and Torquay FC who dispensed with his services.

I expect he barely had time to decide where to put his League Cup losers' medal in his office...

[align=center]

"Job? What job?" [/align]

The_IRON said:
Social_Handgrenade said:
slipperman said:
Bloody hell Carlisle might of won something at last, Are they in the record books Slipperman :?
Nice to see the inevitable slagging off has begun! :D

I remember in the 2003 Season travelling up the M1 to Scunthorpe for a midweek League 2 game (I was serving in the Midlands at the time) and I was meeting up with a mate in Donny to take him to the game. He's a Donny supporter, so wanted to go and see a real football match!
The match was called off about half an hour before kick off due to bad weather (Fog & ice I think), but I reckoned it was because Scunny didn't have any floodlights installed or couldn't afford the leccy bill!
Anyway, great to see you in the Championship this season and I hope you do the small clubs proud.

slipperman said:
The_IRON said:
Social_Handgrenade said:
slipperman said:
Nice to see the inevitable slagging off has begun! :D

I remember in the 2003 Season travelling up the M1 to Scunthorpe for a midweek League 2 game (I was serving in the Midlands at the time) and I was meeting up with a mate in Donny to take him to the game. He's a Donny supporter, so wanted to go and see a real football match!
The match was called off about half an hour before kick off due to bad weather (Fog & ice I think), but I reckoned it was because Scunny didn't have any floodlights installed or couldn't afford the leccy bill!
Anyway, great to see you in the Championship this season and I hope you do the small clubs proud.
Cheers for the support and dont worry all 5000 of us loyal supporters gave a tenners worth of 50 pence pieces each to help out with the electric meter. A point away at Charlton (Championship favourites) for the first game is great. Come on the IRON