First Fitness Test

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by UberSoldat, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I have a fitness test on Thursday (before my interview), the army want to make sure I can run 1.5 miles and perform press-ups and sit-ups to the required standard.

Has anyone had to do a pre-fitness test before their first interview, any tips on how to act, how to address the instructors etc... Will be most appreciated.
  2. I had to do a this before i went onto selection, seems some centre's do this. I cant remember exactly what i wore but smart civvie's/sports kit is a safe bet. Dont worry too much about addressing the instructors at this stage. You should get a letter anyway.

Try ur hardest & ull be fine.
  3. Not come across this with the Army before, but I know the booties did similar. Nothing special, just press ups and chin ups in the office to see what standard you're at, seems like a good idea if you ask me... why bother going through all the paperwork if the trainee isn't up to scratch. Bin 'em there and then and tell them to come back in a few months.

Oh yeah, back to the question! Just be yourself, unless you're a gobshite, in which case try to be the politest bloke in the Vatican.

edit for being a tool