First female Rock Ape

I reckon the RAF chain of command have done the young girl a complete disservice and made her life considerably harder by splashing her all over the media.

The Army made a conscious decision not to do the same with the first RAC, and subsequently Infantry females . . . .

Good luck to her, but I fear she will be given a rough time by some and it could all end in a much publicised and acrimonious departure from service.

Ever the optimist :)
The Army were not too clever - last year - using/exploiting real, live, young, soldiers to meet the Army’s own ends, with no consideration of the knock-on effect to the “volunteers”.

Remember the recruit advertising “posters” ?!

The young “volunteers” including in the “posters”, were not warned, guided, or counselled, as to any likely repercussions.

Others can fill-on the details, but this did lead to one lad unfortunately leaving after the “bullying” he subsequently received.

1579950914607.png

The Army were not too clever - last year - using/exploiting real, live, young, soldiers to meet the Army’s own ends, with no consideration of the knock-on effect to the “volunteers”.

Remember the recruit advertising “posters” ?!

The young “volunteers” including in the “posters”, were not warned, guided, or counselled, as to any likely repercussions.

Others can fill-on the details, but this did lead to one lad unfortunately leaving after the “bullying” he subsequently received.

View attachment 445705
Unfortunately, there isn’t a semblance of truth in any of your post. Unless of course you believe the Daily Mail.

And by the way, the campaign was a raging success ^~

Unfortunately, there isn’t a semblance of truth in any of your post. Unless of course you believe the Daily Mail.

Scots Guardsman 'to quit forces' after his image is used on snowflake poster

+ + + + + + + + + +

Soldier to quit army after his photo appears in SNOWFLAKE recruiting poster
A SOLDIER said he will resign from the army in disgust after his picture was used in a recent “snowflake” recruitment campaign.

By Joe Duggan
PUBLISHED: 20:51, Sun, Jan 6, 2019

+ + + + + + + + + +

A Scots Guardsman who appeared in controversial British Army recruitment posters says he plans to quit the army after receiving backlash from his colleagues.

Stephen McWhirter appeared with the words "snow flakes" above his head in one of the Lord Kitchener-style posters, which were a throwback to the recruitment campaign that produced some of the defining images of World War I.

Congratulations to her and I take nothing away from her achievement........but....

The first part of her quote in the article reads:

“I am really proud and thrilled that all of us on the course graduated today. "

I have no idea what the historical pass/failure rate of the RAF Regiment course is but is it usual for everyone to pass or are standards slipping, or are people being allowed to pass because it's easier than telling someone they haven't made the grade?
I don't actually know the figures but my depot platoon 01 plt, April May1974 at Arborfield started with about 60 and finished with about 45. The point was we didn't know each other before so those who disappeared didn't really register.

Scots Guardsman 'to quit forces' after his image is used on snowflake poster

+ + + + + + + + + +

Soldier to quit army after his photo appears in SNOWFLAKE recruiting poster
A SOLDIER said he will resign from the army in disgust after his picture was used in a recent “snowflake” recruitment campaign.

By Joe Duggan
PUBLISHED: 20:51, Sun, Jan 6, 2019

+ + + + + + + + + +

A Scots Guardsman who appeared in controversial British Army recruitment posters says he plans to quit the army after receiving backlash from his colleagues.

Stephen McWhirter appeared with the words "snow flakes" above his head in one of the Lord Kitchener-style posters, which were a throwback to the recruitment campaign that produced some of the defining images of World War I.

I was wrong, I shouldn’t have said Daily Mail, I should have said the rags in general.

Like I said, no semblance of truth and the adverts were a raging success ^~

Last edited:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Neither of whom have posted on this thread. The childish continuation of your tedious vendetta, dragged over from another thread, suggests that by tagging them you're hoping to derail this one. Desist.

Or, if you fancy one/both of them, send them a PM.

I reckon the RAF chain of command have done the young girl a complete disservice and made her life considerably harder by splashing her all over the media.

The Army made a conscious decision not to do the same with the first RAC, and subsequently Infantry females. Other than a few officers going off script on social media (more about bigging themselves up) and a couple of rags picking up the story, their integration has largely been kept quiet.

Good luck to her, but I fear she will be given a rough time by some and it could all end in a much publicised and acrimonious departure from service.

Ever the optimist :)
The Army might have finally learnt its lesson with holding young people up as role models only for it to all come crashing down when they **** up.
The Sikh in the Coldstream Guards failing CDT for cocaine and the transexual in the Scots Guards who was banging one of the pads wifes for example.
As I type the Daily Mail will be patiently following Ginge until she falls behind on PT, has special treatment or gets pregnant.

We did away with "Signalman" years ago when the WRAC went away and the R SIGNALS permanently-employed birds were absorbed. Thus "Signaller". Can't remember when it was, but I'd guess the first "signallers" have done their 22 and are out now. Sometime early 90s, I think.

Anyway, returning to this rockette, well done to her, and you gents taking the piss should be ashamed.

Said with two fingers crossed behind my back, sniggering :)
1993, I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Deserter

Old-Salt
Its odd how the MOD thinks that by emasculating the army its somehow going to make it more attractive, young guys want to part of a brotherhood not a brother and sisterhood, its become like noahs ark now we'd be watching through the fingers of our hands if it went up against true soldiers like the Russians, Chinese, Iranians or North Koreans as opposed to the 1st battalion the flip floppers they've become used to, they even want to ban milling in the army now what type of soldier are we breeding if they can't be shouted at and they collapse into a crying ball in a fist fight, i know they type that go looking for the white flag the moment things start looking tricky.

The French have got it right with the Legion ,its not up for discussion .

Its odd how the MOD thinks that by emasculating the army its somehow going to make it more attractive, young guys want to part of a brotherhood not a brother and sisterhood, its become like noahs ark now we'd be watching through the fingers of our hands if it went up against true soldiers like the Russians, Chinese, Iranians or North Koreans as opposed to the 1st battalion the flip floppers they've become used to, they even want to ban milling in the army now what type of soldier are we breeding if they can't be shouted at and they collapse into a crying ball in a fist fight, i know they type that go looking for the white flag the moment things start looking tricky.

Who is wanting to ban milling?

One bloke who is leaving the Army shortly. Not quite the "they" I was was expecting.

One bloke who is leaving the Army shortly. Not quite the "they" I was was expecting.
Agreed, I didn't comment when posting but it is the usual swipe on the way out the door. Maybe he is trying to do a Harry and Meghan and hopes to be a social media influencer of some sort. It's a pretty shoddy bandwagon to jump on given the recent publicity about the Scottish FA banning header training due to (yet to be proved)potential long term brain injury leading to dementia.

Para Regt Maj to PC Plod? Oh, how the mighty fall. :)

Agreed, I didn't comment when posting but it is the usual swipe on the way out the door. Maybe he is trying to do a Harry and Meghan and hopes to be a social media influencer of some sort. It's a pretty shoddy bandwagon to jump on given the recent publicity about the Scottish FA banning header training due to (yet to be proved)potential long term brain injury leading to dementia.

Isn’t there a literacy requirement for the plod? He might struggle...

When I see/hear the word 'raging' I always think of a different word to success following it, which I think is a bummer.

Is it what stopped you joining up?

I didn’t realise it was a full moon :)

He is very vocal on Twitter, seems his 15 minutes of fame in the documentary went to his head :)

Latest Threads