Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First female Rock Ape

Kefi

Old-Salt
The rubber hits the road with this report. In one camp you have the idea that men & women are exactly the same in the other there are limits between men & women. The inclusion of women into the GCC units was made on the idea that women are 100% up there with the males. The RFU has decreed that Trans women ie a male can;t play at international level but can outside of that. Where is the consistency here & when will the final decision be made as to where the lines should be drawn.

The rubber hits the road with this report. In one camp you have the idea that men & women are exactly the same in the other there are limits between men & women. The inclusion of women into the GCC units was made on the idea that women are 100% up there with the males. The RFU has decreed that Trans women ie a male can;t play at international level but can outside of that. Where is the consistency here & when will the final decision be made as to where the lines should be drawn.

Only a fool thinks that, likewise only a fool thinks that all men are exactly the same and that all women are exactly the same.

Only a fool thinks that, likewise only a fool thinks that all men are exactly the same and that all women are exactly the same.
Those going through the system to become RAF Regiment officers are cracking, had a chat with the young lady and she is nails.

Kefi

Old-Salt
Foolish maybe mate, but it's a reality any man can ID as a woman & play in a women's rugby match.
Flesh & Bone is the reality hear not politically motivated social experiments.

Foolish maybe mate, but it's a reality any man can ID as a woman & play in a women's rugby match.

I suppose there’s a point in there somewhere :)

Fine - let them eat cake.

When the 'lady' is running around on their own because the real women have sacked it off due to injury, or they can't be arsed because it's no longer fair, then so be it - or be all woke and play a contact sport with a bloke and don't come crying when they fold you in half in a scrum.

It could be the ultimate in Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes.

Today's kids need to work out if that's a feature of the world they want to live in.

Indeed, its not a new thing. In the seventies and eighties many East German men identified as women during the 'Shot Put' and other events during the Olympics!

The point is how can women who want total equality on the one hand complain about it on the other.

Your link talks about transgenders. The vast majority of women that I know want equality of opportunity. I know the vote was a step too far for some on this site, but hey ^~

Kefi

Old-Salt
Your link talks about transgenders. The vast majority of women that I know want equality of opportunity. I know the vote was a step too far for some on this site, but hey ^~
That will always be laid at the feet of sceptics like me, & to a point it's a fair cop you never know I might be a hardcore misogynist. However try as hard as I do I can;t understand how the double standard of this schizophrenic dichotomy is unravelling. Yes women can join the GCC units & close with & kill the enemy, but no when it comes to men ID'ing as women playing an all-female rugby match.

It helps if you join a regiment with the lowest physical standards to start with, then you don't have to lower the physical standards for birds to get in.
Didn't some bird join the Parachute Regiment as a recruit. How is she getting on. I haven't heard anything further about her?

Will this save the RAF Regt at the defense review though?
Defence! Review, it Was never up for grabs, Puma maybe, but since its required by SF they will keep It.

If the RAF Regiment goes who provides FP for the expeditionary flights?

The Army needs to cut its cloth to what it’s logs can support, it astounds me that we have so many LI battalions yet so little heavy armour.

I have no problem being amongst the first in to secure, airfields however the warm fuzzy feeling of a CR2 providing top cover is essence.

Can you back that up, i'm genuinely interested to hear how different it is from the Inf?
Basic entry standards that I could find;

Multi-stage currently used instead of 2km run for Army whilst restrictions apply which are;

Level 8.7 for the Royal Armoured Corps and Infantry
11.6 for the Parachute Regiment

Mid Thigh Pull 76kg

Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m

2km run 10m 15s

RAF reg;

2km/1.25 mile individual best effort test. Candidates are to complete this test in 9:30 minutes or under.

Medicine Ball Throw: Complete a throw of a Medicine Ball weighing 4kg, in a seated position, to a distance of 3.1m.

Static Deadlift: A Mid-Thigh Pull (static deadlift) of 95kg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Today's kids need to work out if that's a feature of the world they want to live in.

Unfortunately it's not today's kids making these puerile decisions, it's a portion of today's adults who think like children.

When they can convince themselves that any idea from the left must be a good idea purely because it's from the left, then it's of utterly no concern to them with which problems the following generations may have to live.

The jury is out on whether I'm a misogynist or an advocate for womens equality, because I don't care whether they join the GCC units and end up broken alongside all the rest of the unfortunates in training, in the same way I don't care if women box against men and get filled in.

Latest Threads