First female joining Royal Marines commando training

flipboard

Good luck to her.
But it doesn't bode well if the training team really have given her a nickname before she even starts!
Yep. Good luck to her. Lets see whether or not she passes though.

I wish her well. It is an extremely testing time, and she will need all the good wishes that she can get.

It’s not a time one forgets.

At least they’ll finally have one of their own that can give them proper guidance in how to match their handbags to frocks....

What's she going to dress up as on a run ashore then?
As an attractive, young, fit, female RM wearing typical young female type of clothing perhaps? Or perhaps not?

flipboard

Good luck to her.
But it doesn't bode well if the training team really have given her a nickname before she even starts!
The training team probably haven't said a thing. It's the usual Daily Mails made up "sources".

rawsalmon47

Old-Salt
Anyone else feel like it’s too soon to start reeling out news articles for her? I mean... she hasn’t even started training yet

Anyone else feel like it’s too soon to start reeling out news articles for her? I mean... she hasn’t even started training yet
The Mail like to set them up for a fall early. It wants to be the first with a story including standards changed for her, her complaining of sexism, her being injured or her shagging the instructors/recruits.

The Mail like to set them up for a fall early. It wants to be the first with a story including standards changed for her, her complaining of sexism, her being injured or her shagging the instructors/recruits.
So will she pass the AACC or not?

We've already seen the Army try (and fail) to accept a lower standard for females on PSBC, why would the RM be any different in trying to make allowances for the fairer sex?

flipboard

Good luck to her.
'GI Pippa'?

That's a Mail fantasy, if I'm any judge: Royal is - in my experience - much more inventive, and a feck sight funnier, when assigning nicknames.

Although their free fall team were very unkind about taking on their first female skydiver (RN, she was) back in them there 1980s.

We've already seen the Army try (and fail) to accept a lower standard for females on PSBC, why would the RM be any different in trying to make allowances for the fairer sex?
Need you ask?

Well they didn't relax their standards for a Royal.

Apparently she will be the first marine in 350 years if she passed...
So were all the others Walty bástards?
PicsArt_02-10-08.17.11.jpg

Last edited:
At least they’ll finally have one of their own that can give them proper guidance in how to match their handbags to frocks....
Never met one who had any problems in that area...

Stavanger

Old-Salt
Don’t forget snide DM comments alluding to weight gain, without actually saying anything, and low grade hints at inappropriate clothing when it suits
The horrible cvnts

D

Deleted 158059

Who'd blame them for being tempted?

She's rather attractive.

1549831268671.png

Latest Threads