First female gallantry award recipient for EOD duties

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Flying Felix, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Sgt Ammo Tech with 11 EOD Regt RLC is to be the first female to be awarded the QGM for EOD duties.

Persec prevents me from naming her, but her name will be published in the Birthday Honours List.

2. Congratulations and well done that soldier.
  3. Well done ! She is a braver 'bloke' than me for absolute certain.
  4. Someone once said I was brave but there is just no way I could ever walk up to a bomb and settle down with it for a game of suduko. She must have seen what explosives do to human flesh. No amount of wrinkle cream would ever correct that. I think most of us have it in us to react in a brave manner if suddenly faced with a threat but to do it again and again takes real determination.
    So, extreme congratulations and thanks. To her and everyone else who does that sort of job.
    I sometimes think the only decent thing to come out of warfare is the opportunity it gives one to find out what we are made of. Set our own bottom line of I can or I cannot.
  5. Very well done indeed and hearty congrats.
  6. Well done that soldier :clap: A credit to the Trade.
  7. A true heroine

8. Well done that soldier, she has 'balls of steel' - as do all of her trade! (Wiring a plug is a drain on my ability! ...)
  9. Congratulations to her
  10. Very well said, ORC, I echo that.
  11. Congrats. Well deserved. Another example of the forces devotion to the safety of other people.

12. :clap: :clap: :clap: well done, and congratulations!!!
    a credit to your uniform ,regiment, and country :highfive:
  13. Outstanding!
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I used to work on the bleep side of EOD some years ago and the Operators deserve every bit of recognition and more that they get. Very well done that Soldier.
  15. Well Done and Congratulations.....

Nice One!