First female completes helicopter fast-roping instructors course

Ministry of Defence said:
Leading Aircrewman Sarah Christenson from 820 Naval Air Squadron, a Merlin helicopter squadron based at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose, has become the first ever female to successfully complete the helicopter fast-roping instructors course.

More...

And?? So?? Who Cares??? Can't you find any decent stories instead of this politically correct crap!

Well whoopy shit- someone slid down a rope.

what surprises me is it took this long for a woman to pass what would seem such a simple course. Well done her, but hardly something to make a song and dance about

You wouldn't need to make any funny comments about her figure while she was instructing, otherwise you might find when you went to fast rope, there mightn't be a rope there!

Well, I`ve heard it all now, girl gets certificate for sliding down rope, I`ts time the navy grew up they have enough men doing sod all onboard
thier ships, form them into infantry and let them help out in Afganistan they would then deserve a certificate for doing something usefull.

Disappointed really. I saw fast 'fast-roping' and 'woman' and thought it was some rapid bondage story

:thumbdown:

C

cloudbuster

what surprises me is it took this long for a woman to pass what would seem such a simple course. Well done her, but hardly something to make a song and dance about
Falling down a rope isn't the tricky part. It's imparting all you've learned about falling down a rope to others that doris' (dorii?) find difficult.

She looks quiet "sturdy" I fear gravity played a large part of sliding down a rope.
Day one week one - clasp rope
Day two week one - wrap legs round rope
Day three week one- slide down rope, try not to burn minge.
Day four week one- land on "fat arrse"
Day five- Med centre- sore bum and minge.

Day one week two - Practice week one

C

cloudbuster

Well, as long as she can knock-up a decent brew and keep the crewroom tidy, I'm sure she'll do nicely.