Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Female CDS?

Highest ranking female aircrew is this lass here, Air Commodore Suraya Marshall. F3 navigator, if memory serves correctly. Married to an RAF 2* Harrier pilot.

1596972840374.png

Highest ranking female aircrew is this lass here, Air Commodore Suraya Marshall. F3 navigator, if memory serves correctly. Married to an RAF 2* Harrier pilot.

View attachment 495716
Just wait till the first female gunner, gets a Squadron.

In short the Thread with Fit Birds in Unform.

in all seriousness congrats to her....could be better or worse and have

View attachment 495640

Almost every year I get the chance to reply to a photo of her stating that:

1. They are not real
2. I've seem them unfettered pre-op.
3. I didn't

Will CDS continue to come solely from the warfighter lines? Has there ever been an engineer or logistics CDS/VCDS?

That will limit when the first woman gets to become VCDS/CDS.
Pre-dating the role a bit, but FM Lord Kitchener was a sapper.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Almost every year I get the chance to reply to a photo of her stating that:

1. They are not real
2. I've seem them unfettered pre-op.
3. She wouldn’t let me.
FOC

Yes. ‘Hurrah for the CRE*’ is the song that gets bastardised as ‘Zulu Warrior’. It’s sort of like the ‘what color is the boathouse at Herford’ for sappers :)

* Chief Royal Engineer.

I thought, apparently incorrectly, that you were alluding to his appointment as CRE not necessarily meaning he was from the Corps.

And there was me thinking Herford was 1st Armd territory.;)

Yes. ‘Hurrah for the CRE*’ is the song that gets bastardised as ‘Zulu Warrior’. It’s sort of like the ‘what color is the boathouse at Herford’ for sappers :)

* Chief Royal Engineer.
Brewery at Herford, surely?

* Chief Royal Engineer.
Mr Stephens, is that you?!

Sapper walt :)
I actually was a TA Sapper for a very brief period in between Royal Signals and the D and D. Even got some time in doing bridging at Wyke Regis. Some of it would seem to have rubbed off!!

Edit: also worked quite a lot with 21 Engr Regt in Kosovo and Bosnia - Dog Sqn as I recall. Also 15 Engr Regt in Antrim too.

Last edited:

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Will CDS continue to come solely from the warfighter lines? Has there ever been an engineer or logistics CDS/VCDS?

That will limit when the first woman gets to become VCDS/CDS.

1597083422604.png

Group Captain Niki Thomas just promoted as Station Commander Akrotiri. Ex OC 12B Squadron on Tornado's, multple combat tours, Afghanistan and Syria..

One to warch for the future.

Latest Threads