Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Female CDS?

Which service will have the most qualified, experienced female, to be the first CDS?

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
She's either very good or very feminist.

To no ones surprise....I would

In short the Thread with Fit Birds in Unform.

in all seriousness congrats to her....could be better or worse and have

1596939896908.jpeg

The first female CDS candidate will have more chance of being appointed if she* was "of colour" and wears comfy slippers.

* Many other genders are available

Almost 18 months old that article. If she’s still in her post, she’s done better than the Secretary of State for Defence mentioned in same article, a certain Gavin Williamson! :smile:

Looking at her career it looks like she hasn't being sheltered from holding any appointments which she could fook up. This makes a nice change. Thinking back a couple of years to the RN's head of equality who had held a series of silly titles in various HQs that even my 9 year old couldn't screw up. I'll try and dig up the link.

I've been to a Dining In Night where she was the Guest Speaker. Whilst she's never going to grace the front cover of Vogue*, she came across as hugely intelligent, quite witty, and with a real heart for the blokes & girls. That said, I remember thinking that she had that 'thinly preserved razor edge' about her leading me to conclude that "I wouldn't want to cross you in a professional matter".

* - I hasten to add that my days of modelling for Men's Health have long since gone..........

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've been to a Dining In Night where she was the Guest Speaker. Whilst she's never going to grace the front cover of Vogue*, she came across as hugely intelligent, quite witty, and with a real heart for the blokes & girls. That said, I remember thinking that she had that 'thinly preserved razor edge' about her leading me to conclude that "I wouldn't want to cross you in a professional matter".

* - I hasten to add that my days of modelling for Men's Health have long since gone..........

I'm of the view that you can judge senior officers, in part, by what their outer office think of them. AM Gray's staff seem to love her.

I'm of the view that you can judge senior officers, in part, by what their outer office think of them. AM Gray's staff seem to love her.

AM Atha (Retd)'s Outer Office, on the other hand, not so much.................

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are the views of Rupert Jones' outer office repeatable on a family site like this?

D

Deleted 3147

Will CDS continue to come solely from the warfighter lines? Has there ever been an engineer or logistics CDS/VCDS?

That will limit when the first woman gets to become VCDS/CDS.

Will CDS continue to come solely from the warfighter lines? Has there ever been an engineer or logistics CDS/VCDS?

That will limit when the first woman gets to become VCDS/CDS.
Woman have been in frontline roles in the Royal Airforce since the 90’s, A fair few have DFC and AFC.

Latest Threads