First F35s through the Mach Loop!!

Top tip, get up the slopes of Cader Idris the jets often sly above the road between the two mountains there

Worst case you get a good look at them on the loop

Top tip, get up the slopes of Cader Idris the jets often sly above the road between the two mountains there

Worst case you get a good look at them on the loop
No need, any aircraft based at Lossiemouth makes a personal visit to the valley (glen) my house looks over. Only a matter of time before they give me a wave ;)

Whilst not as impressive as the Mach loop, I get to look down on the aircraft...which is a strange feeling.

Typhoon thru the loop with a cockpit camera.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Found this on YouTube. I like the howl of the typhoon, but these also made my trouser area quiver!!

My first thought was: ' Christ - who'd be an AAA gunner ?'

Then I counted the number of shutter clicks the camera managed during the 23 second flypast...and thought about the fire rate of a 2K22 ( 3,900 and 5,000 rounds per minute )
hmmm.... stick to Hi-Lo-Hi gents :)

It's a bit hit and miss if you're going to see anything

Worst case it's a nice walk up the mountains there

My first thought was: ' Christ - who'd be an AAA gunner ?'

Then I counted the number of shutter clicks the camera managed during the 23 second flypast...and thought about the fire rate of a 2K22 ( 3,900 and 5,000 rounds per minute )
hmmm.... stick to Hi-Lo-Hi gents :)

You first :)
I'll hide under cover as you turn on the AAA radar and become an instant target ;)

Continuing the theme of fast and sexy through slow and shit, can we have a 432 through the loop please :)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
:) fair one

however....With no disrespect to either gent, people have such short memories...... Air ops are not without risk

Last edited:
Not forgetting actors playing fictional Top Guns running the risk of being bummed by Tom I don't Cruise

where was the radio chatter coming from in the background to the original video? Presumably the cameraman talking to a spotter?
A lot of regular visitors listen to radio chatter, so they can get their gear ready if the jets are incoming. They're like less nerdy versions of train spotters

A few used to staying out all day in the mountains are so covered up they look like the Taliban have arrived in Wales, they're probably a postie of something in RL though...

They're like less nerdy versions of train spotters
They’re worse. Having done a year on the airshow circuit there’s nothing worse than being held hostage by some overweight BO-infused inadequate with a scanner, notebook and hoofing camera who wants to tell you why you’re wrong about the Gem Engine whilst a queue of deserving disabled kids each want twenty seconds in the cockpit.