First day unit brief

Just found this while moving house.
If this lot is in the wrong place, my apologies - move it over for me, please.

Attachments

and the flip side

Attachments

Then this turns up.

Attachments

Crikey, the crap you keep, eh?

Attachments

Page 1

Attachments

Page 2, and that nice Mr. Gurney, should have been Les Dawson as J/RSM :D

Attachments

Page 3

Attachments

Page 4

Attachments

Page 5

Attachments

Page 6

Attachments

Back page/map of Gamecock Barracks.

Attachments

If this lot is in the wrong bit, I apologise - it is 0450 in the bl00dy morning.
Bung it in the right spot for us, Ta.
Jonno794

Gamecock sounds better then that it is now. Hangars 3 and 4 are still here by the way (probably with a few more holes than when you were here), although 2 fell over a couple of years ago and 1's gone, not sure why though.

The control tower is the "501 club" regt bar, not sure if we get to keep it or not now-pay-as-you starve's arrived though.

jimmys_best_mate said:
Gamecock sounds better then that it is now. Hangars 3 and 4 are still here by the way (probably with a few more holes than when you were here), although 2 fell over a couple of years ago and 1's gone, not sure why though.

The control tower is the "501 club" regt bar, not sure if we get to keep it or not now-pay-as-you starve's arrived though.
Hangar 2 was the haunted hangar wasn't it?

Brilliant,

Some names leap out, Dave Muirhead, Charlie Brown, Gary Eydmann to name but a few.

I particularly like the line "Training for Survey and Meteorologist will be completed at LARKHILL (where very expensive technical equipment is available for trg purposes)".

Can I respectfully suggest that you may wish to donate this to 14 Regt RA where the RSM has "The Boys Room", full of memorabilia from Bramcote.

Fabulous bit of (fairly recent) history!

But what did you do with 4 whole English pounds a week pocket money, eh??? :lol:

cdo_gunner said:
Hangar 2 was the haunted hangar wasn't it?
No idea, I always thought it was Hangar 4? You mean the whistling mechanics working on a bomber?

One of the MPGS fellas here said his wife saw an RAF officer standing around where Hangar 2 was pointing at the control tower once, although I've never heard anyone else verify that.

Bramcote, although not a Gunner or a scaley, brings back some very sexy memories for me and a local maried girl.
Just me and her thats all.

Anonimity?
I'm trying to find a whole Troop of probably pot bellied, balding, old farts like myself.
Anyway, 'JOHNSON' is the tenth most common name in the country :wink:

I am sure it was hangar 2 which was the haunted one. The one where I was dragged kicking and screaming by some big old trout from Burton Hastings, who took a liking to me at the Troop do in the Tower.
Crikey, it put the willies up me, or have the sands of time dulled the memory, and it was the other way round :lick:
Jono